PDA

View Full Version : White Areas Windows 2004 (20H1)

Dark Knight
August 30th, 2020, 05:37 PM
How are we dealing with white areas (default colors) in Windows 20H1?

I had to reset my pc a few days ago , I made sure to merge the Remove Default Colors.reg file into the registry, I made sure the Default Colors registry string is no longer there, I also made sure to turn off fast startup, sleep and hibernate in the power options, everything is fine initially but yet if I lock my computer and come back and unlock I still have the white areas?

Is there something different we are doing in 20H1? or is there something I am forgetting to do to prohibit this from happening?

It is not the theme as I had ran the theme before doing the reset and this never happened?

Any help would be appreciated!

Donkuz
August 31st, 2020, 12:50 AM
G day Dark Knight, I had a similar problem earlier after I reset my pc to, The remove Default colors tweek should fix it, If your running different acc's make sure all your mods are set for all users, I have an acc on my missus pc when I use it on my acc the default colors tweek dont work on 3rd party themes I think because of this. Also have you restarted your pc after you applied the tweek? I hope this helps Mate.

Dark Knight
August 31st, 2020, 01:27 AM
I think I got it, wound up having to do a clean install.