PDA

View Full Version : Theme not applying

SimianJyhad
September 15th, 2020, 06:03 PM
Okay here is what happened and what I have done I recently updated from 1809 to 1909 Prior to updating I was using MrGrims HUD apocalypse theme from here with no issues whatsoever after updating to 1909 I downloaded the latest version of HUD apocalypse along with Startisback , ONE, UXthemePatcher, and any other toold suggested I ran Startisback, One, UXthemepatcher etc with no errors occuring added the various reg entries from extras ran the various stuff in the extras folder that came with the theme rebooted/relogged as nessesary Installed the theme pack by placing the files in /resources/theme the colors of the titlebar and taskbar change , the walllpaper changes, aaand thats about it. Explorer doesnt get skinned. The custom start menu skins dont show up in Startisback and generally a whole lot of nothing happens. what am I doing wrong? or where did I go wrong?

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
September 15th, 2020, 07:56 PM
Okay here is what happened and what I have done I recently updated from 1809 to 1909 Prior to updating I was using MrGrims HUD apocalypse theme from here with no issues whatsoever after updating to 1909 I downloaded the latest version of HUD apocalypse along with Startisback , ONE, UXthemePatcher, and any other toold suggested I ran Startisback, One, UXthemepatcher etc with no errors occuring added the various reg entries from extras ran the various stuff in the extras folder that came with the theme rebooted/relogged as nessesary Installed the theme pack by placing the files in /resources/theme the colors of the titlebar and taskbar change , the walllpaper changes, aaand thats about it. Explorer doesnt get skinned. The custom start menu skins dont show up in Startisback and generally a whole lot of nothing happens. what am I doing wrong? or where did I go wrong?
https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/85898-Theme-Port-Request

SimianJyhad
September 15th, 2020, 09:20 PM
https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/85898-Theme-Port-Request Thinking perhaps I missed a step or a trick. I uninstalled UXthemepatcher then rebooted and reinstalled as administrator it then rebooted and still nothing. No options in Startisback to change the start menu appearance (other than the default 4 that comes with it) none of the windows have been skinned. the only thing that changed is the wallpaper and the sound scheme. I deleted the theme, redownloaded it and reinstalled it in /resources/theme , UXtheme claims the files are patched. is there some bug with it that it will show files as being patched when they arent? I had seen that thread you posted earlier but thought maybe I missed something. I am fairly certain it is something I am missing but I cant imagine what after going through this five or sikx times now

SimianJyhad
September 15th, 2020, 09:37 PM
so far all the progress I have made is my Pointer changed to the right one for the theme. I appreciate any help or insight anyone can offer

J4M3SX019
September 15th, 2020, 09:51 PM
have you got any screenshots of the applications your using and which version of windows 10 your using

SimianJyhad
September 15th, 2020, 10:25 PM
have you got any screenshots of the applications your using and which version of windows 10 your using lets see if this worked. A screenshot of my desktop. with Start Menu Open (rainmeter is skinned independently and is not a part of the problem) also have explorer open and taskbar showing. no option to change to the skinned versions in Startisback

EDIT: the Orb is about the only thing other than the mouse pointer that shows up and I had to manually find it with startisback

freak69ize
September 15th, 2020, 11:00 PM
lets see if this worked. A screenshot of my desktop. with Start Menu Open (rainmeter is skinned independently and is not a part of the problem) also have explorer open and taskbar showing. no option to change to the skinned versions in Startisback

EDIT: the Orb is about the only thing other than the mouse pointer that shows up and I had to manually find it with startisback

Did you get your theme from the right sub forum?

J4M3SX019
September 15th, 2020, 11:04 PM
which windows 10 you using and i think it might be the rainmeter

SimianJyhad
September 15th, 2020, 11:23 PM
lets see if this worked. A screenshot of my desktop. with Start Menu Open (rainmeter is skinned independently and is not a part of the problem) also have explorer open and taskbar showing. no option to change to the skinned versions in Startisback EDIT: the Orb is about the only thing other than the mouse pointer that shows up and I had to manually find it with startisback just finished running SFC /Scannow and DISM Then step by step I reinstalled Aero Then installed theme patcher as admin logged out and then back in then installed UXtheme patcher as admin rebooted Put in the various reg keys to remove default color and add personalize options to context menu put the theme folders in Resources/theme Switched to theme in question only thing that changed was the wallpaper and the mouse

J4M3SX019
September 15th, 2020, 11:38 PM
try this way run theme signature bypass version 1.3.2 first as admin log out and login in then run in uxthemepatcher 3,8.2 in admin reboot then use startisback ++ version 2.9.1 or 2.9.3 fully activated then use oldnewexplorer 1.1.9

SimianJyhad
September 16th, 2020, 03:25 PM
try this way run theme signature bypass version 1.3.2 first as admin log out and login in then run in uxthemepatcher 3,8.2 in admin reboot then use startisback ++ version 2.9.1 or 2.9.3 fully activated then use oldnewexplorer 1.1.9 went through after another round of SFC /scannow and DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth went through this just as you suggested. and still the only thing to change was the mouse pointer. I am feeling a bit frustrated lol.

J4M3SX019
September 16th, 2020, 04:57 PM
what version of windows 10 are you using and did you put the visual style and theme file for the theme you want in the resources folder

SimianJyhad
September 16th, 2020, 05:40 PM
what version of windows 10 are you using and did you put the visual style and theme file for the theme you want in the resources folder The version of windows I am using is the Creators version updated to 1909 and all relevent updates. and the visual style and theme file are in Resources/Theme

J4M3SX019
September 16th, 2020, 05:47 PM
can you show me your windows 10 version because thats why its not working

SimianJyhad
September 16th, 2020, 05:56 PM
The version of windows I am using is the Creators version updated to 1909 and all relevent updates. and the visual style and theme file are in Resources/Theme EDIT: Okay on a whim I decided to delete the HUD apocalypse (by MrGrim) and download the one for the creators update as it said it was for 1909 as well as the original 1809 and son of a !#$% it worked. everything skinned as it should be thanks a Million for all the help and sorry for the aggravation

J4M3SX019
September 16th, 2020, 06:02 PM
yeah just make sure you use the correct theme version for your windows 10 otherwise the themes wont work properly and no worries your welcome