PDA

View Full Version : Help to change a color

bakiras
November 9th, 2020, 12:49 PM
I just started using WSB.
Anyone please tell me the file/path to remove this black line from the application progressbar?
When I use default windows theme, this line did't appear
Thanks in advance

Default windows theme

Custom theme

joderiz
November 9th, 2020, 09:16 PM
https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/28810-Complete-Guide-to-Theme-Building

bakiras
November 9th, 2020, 09:35 PM
https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/28810-Complete-Guide-to-Theme-Building

Thank you for the reply.
But, can you tell me the exact file/path/color to change this?

Donkuz
November 9th, 2020, 10:54 PM
I just started using WSB.
Anyone please tell me the file/path to remove this black line from the application progressbar?
When I use default windows theme, this line did't appear
Thanks in advance

Default windows theme

Custom theme
88124OK Mate you should be able to find it here in the WSB Tree if you click show the controls button you can see the active progress bars and Controls to test your changes, I hope this helps.
PS 88126:peace:Cheerz!!

bakiras
November 10th, 2020, 10:51 AM
Found the image causing the black line.
It is in Buttons, Boxes, & Controls -> Progress Bars -> Inderminate -> TransparentBar (replace the image)

Default Image

Replaced Image

After replacing image, black line is fixed

bakiras
November 12th, 2020, 03:38 PM
Help needed for change these colors. I did everything in the Complete Guide for Theme Building (https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/28810-Complete-Guide-to-Theme-Building) but it didn't working.
Plase guide the exact file/path/color to change this (in Dark Mode too).
Thanks in advance

bakiras
November 14th, 2020, 10:50 AM
I figured it out myself.
Posting for those who are searching for this. Hope this helps.
Copy the first underlined path and search it in the WSB search (Classes, parts & states) for easy finding

1. (Drive space text color normal mode)

ItemsView -> Details -> Property -> TEXTCOLOR
DarkMode::ItemsView -> Details -> Property -> TEXTCOLOR

2. a) (Drive letter name text color when selected/highlighted mode)

ItemsView -> Details -> Selected -> TEXTCOLOR
ItemsView -> Details -> Encrypted Folder -> TEXTCOLOR
ItemsView -> Details -> Encrypted Folder Selected -> TEXTCOLOR
DarkMode::ItemsView -> Details -> Selected -> TEXTCOLOR
DarkMode::ItemsView -> Details -> Encrypted Folder -> TEXTCOLOR
DarkMode::ItemsView -> Details -> Encrypted Folder Selected -> TEXTCOLOR

b) (Drive space text color when selected/highlighted mode)
ItemsView -> Details -> Selected Property -> TEXTCOLOR
DarkMode::ItemsView -> Details -> Selected Property -> TEXTCOLOR
(this will also change color when select folders, files when it is in Tile/Detail view)

NAVIGATION PANEL (LEFT SIDE) TEXT COLOR

1. (Text color when normal mode)

ExplorerNavPane -> TEXTCOLOR
DarkMode::ExplorerNavPane -> TEXTCOLOR

2. (Text color when selected/highlighted mode)

Explorer::Treeview -> TreeItem -> Selected -> TEXTCOLOR
Explorer::Treeview -> TreeItem -> SelectedNotFocus -> TEXTCOLOR
DarkMode_Explorer::Treeview -> TreeItem -> Selected -> TEXTCOLOR
DarkMode_Explorer::Treeview -> TreeItem -> SelectedNotFocus -> TEXTCOLOR

Donkuz
November 14th, 2020, 10:52 AM
Help needed for change these colors. I did everything in the Complete Guide for Theme Building (https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/28810-Complete-Guide-to-Theme-Building) but it didn't working.
Thanks in advance

OK Mate, First Go to, Fonts Colors and System metrics at the top of the tree and select the Default text color you want for all the Windows here

Then go to both the Light Mode and Dark Mode settings and select Explorer and Shell, Then Explorer open it up in the tree and go to Items View and select Items View and open Details in the tree and all the propertys your looking for to change should be there for Light Mode
Now do the same for the Dark Mode settings
Now the Nav Pane Color settings are at the bottom of Explorer for Both Light and Dark Modes
and there you go, Dave senior made this guide before Dark Mode was Introduced The Info is Correct, You only thing you have to figure out where it is, you will find Some of Both Light and Dark mode settings in the Default settings as they are shared by both Light and Dark Mode .
I hope this sheds some light on it for you Basicly there are 3 Areas to check.
:peace:Cheerz!!

bakiras
November 14th, 2020, 02:03 PM
Help needed for change these colors.

devillnside
November 15th, 2020, 04:20 PM
Thanks in advance

The drive name in normal state gets the colour from:
Fonts, Colors & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics > WindowText:Color

but the colour property used when you select a drive is here:
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > TextColor:Color & Windows 10 Dark Mode > Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View> TextColor:Color

Now the details text colour properties are here under:
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Details > Details Text & Windows 10 Dark Mode > Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Details > Details Text

you'll find a whole tree of the text colours in different states as is selected or hot, etc.

Suvorov Vladimir
November 15th, 2020, 04:56 PM
Hey. I repainted the theme via Restorator. But I don't know how
change font color. Rather, I know, but Windows Style Builder makes a theme
"not applicable". Please advise how to solve this problem! (win 10
1903). I don't understand why after I changed the font color in Windows Style Builder THEME DOESN'T APPLY ??? I only use Windows Style Builder for font recoloring !!! Do you have any advice?88207

bakiras
November 15th, 2020, 06:20 PM
1903). I don't understand why after I changed the font color in Windows Style Builder THEME DOESN'T APPLY ??? I only use Windows Style Builder for font recoloring !!! Do you have any advice?88207

I'm a noob here.

But for error, try this WSB.
https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/80749-Windows-10-1809-WSB-update-and-Dark-Mode-Style-Script

Try this Path for change drive letter color
ItemsView > TEXTCOLOR
DarkMode::ItemsView > TEXTCOLOR

For more drive font color change, see this reply (https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/86229-Help-to-change-a-color/page2?p=351238&viewfull=1#post351238)

bakiras
November 15th, 2020, 06:25 PM
The drive name in normal state gets the colour from:
Fonts, Colors & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics > WindowText:Color

but the colour property used when you select a drive is here:
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > TextColor:Color & Windows 10 Dark Mode > Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View> TextColor:Color

Now the details text colour properties are here under:
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Details > Details Text & Windows 10 Dark Mode > Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Details > Details Text

you'll find a whole tree of the text colours in different states as is selected or hot, etc.

Thanks man. But it is solved (https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/86229-Help-to-change-a-color/page2?p=351238&viewfull=1#post351238).

Can you help me with this please?
https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/86229-Help-to-change-a-color/page2?p=351244&viewfull=1#post351244

Suvorov Vladimir
November 16th, 2020, 09:09 PM
I'm a noob here.

https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/80749-Windows-10-1809-WSB-update-and-Dark-Mode-Style-Script

ItemsView > TEXTCOLOR

For more drive font color change, see this reply (https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/86229-Help-to-change-a-color/page2?p=351238&viewfull=1#post351238)

WSB asks for a key88247:unhappy:

Donkuz
November 16th, 2020, 11:38 PM
I'm a noob here.

ItemsView > TEXTCOLOR

For more drive font color change, see this reply (https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/86229-Help-to-change-a-color/page2?p=351238&viewfull=1#post351238)yeah ok it sounds like they dont like to play together Restorator and WSB, although the colors you changed should have no bearing on how the theme applys, theres something else wrong if it wont load or reload and apply after changing them again with wsb, The Best advice I can offer is upload it and send me a link so I can take a better look at it for you Mate.

Donkuz
November 16th, 2020, 11:50 PM
WSB asks for a key88247:unhappy:Yes you must buy a key from www.vistaStylebuilder.com (http://www.vistaStylebuilder.com) and use that to activate Windows Style Builder for W10 they use the same keys only Vista Style Builder only works on W7 if you want to use it to, I payed $50 Australia and it was well worth it.
:Peace:Have a Great Day!!

Donkuz
November 17th, 2020, 03:08 AM
Help needed for change these colors.

88211OK Mate, here you go.
For the Highlight in the Dropdown menu Go to Both Light and Dark Mode settings in the tree and Locate Address,Breadcrumbs and search and select Combo Box and go to the Drop Down Text Area settings and change your Fill Color and text Color there in both The Light and Dark Mode Settings.
OK For The Search Box Dropdown Background go to Address,Breadcrumbs and Search again in both Light and Dark Mode and Select SearchBox/ Areo / Normal /Active/BackGround and edit the image there for Inactive to and do it in Both the Light and Dark Mode Settings.
OK For The Status Bar go to Both Light and Dark Mode Settings again and Go to Explorer and Shell and Select Explorer/Explorer Status Bar and change the fillcolor and text there and again do it in Both Light and Dark Mode Settings.

OK Mate I hope this helps

Donkuz
November 17th, 2020, 04:20 AM
OK Mate I had a look at it and changed some of the Text in Explorer and the windows text color in the system metrics in Dark Mode and it works fine, you have to change the text colors in Explorer in several places to see it in both Light and dark mode.
Anyway tell me if you want want all the text colors changed or what areas and I will do it for you from my end and send it back.

Suvorov Vladimir
November 17th, 2020, 04:26 AM
OK, all text. Good luck!

Donkuz
November 17th, 2020, 08:32 AM
OK, all text. Good luck!OK Mate, This is how Explorer in Dark and Light Mode I couldn't make it all Green without using some of the Light mode settings as you can see in the screenshots as they use some of the same locations, When you said Color all the text colors do you mean for Both Modes and do a total recolor with the Start menu and Control panel because that will take me faira while to go tru the whole theme, although It is possible to leave The Rest of Explorer in light mode so the Green is only visible in the top of Explorer and the menus like in the screenshot? Anyway I will leave it like this and wait untill I here from you again. I hope you like it Cheerz!

bakiras
November 17th, 2020, 11:29 AM
OK Mate, here you go.
For the Highlight in the Dropdown menu Go to Both Light and Dark Mode settings in the tree and Locate Address,Breadcrumbs and search and select Combo Box and go to the Drop Down Text Area settings and change your Fill Color and text Color there in both The Light and Dark Mode Settings.
OK For The Search Box Dropdown Background go to Address,Breadcrumbs and Search again in both Light and Dark Mode and Select SearchBox/ Areo / Normal /Active/BackGround and edit the image there for Inactive to and do it in Both the Light and Dark Mode Settings.
OK For The Status Bar go to Both Light and Dark Mode Settings again and Go to Explorer and Shell and Select Explorer/Explorer Status Bar and change the fillcolor and text there and again do it in Both Light and Dark Mode Settings.

OK Mate I hope this helps

Thanks a lot mate. Statusbar Color worked. :victorious:

Search Box Dropdown Background color change is not working but, it is fine. And I also find that every custom themes I downloaded from deviantart is also have this issue.

Highlight in the Dropdown menu meant by this.

Donkuz
November 17th, 2020, 10:25 PM
Thanks a lot mate. Statusbar Color worked. :victorious:

Search Box Dropdown Background color change is not working but, it is fine. And I also find that every custom themes I downloaded from deviantart is also have this issue.

Highlight in the Dropdown menu meant by this.

88254OK now I understand, For the Nav Panel Hover and selected text colors go to Both light and DarkMode Settings and select Explorer and Shell.
>Explorer>Treeview>Tree Item you can change it there for Normal, Hot and Selected etc. Do this for Both Light and Dark Modes.
OK So for the Items in the right side, again Do this for Both Light and Dark Mode. Go to Explorer and Shell again and >Explorer>ItemsView>ItemsView>Details> and you will find the settings there to change the Propertys, and Selected Text and Change the colors there.
OK I hope this helps Sorry about the wait I saw this on my way to Bed LastNight and was to buggered to respond.
Anyway Cheerz Bro,:peace: Have a Great day.

bakiras
November 20th, 2020, 12:57 PM
Help needed for change the Orange highlight color without changing the background color

Donkuz
November 21st, 2020, 12:44 AM
Help needed for change the Orange highlight color without changing the background color

88288OK mate, Go to Lists Menus and tabs and select Context Menu in the list Select Popup Item and edit the Hot Image Then go to the Immersive context Menu and do the same also for the Dark Immersive context menu. The right click destop menu is the Context Menu and the Immersive menus are the right click Taskbar menu and the Dark Immersive Start menu. Anyway Let me know how you go this time. Goodluck!!!

bakiras
November 21st, 2020, 01:40 PM
Help me. Having a problems with Changing colors in these locations.

1. I changed the color before, but now - when I change FILLCOLORHINT, and click or select any other location, the FILLCOLORHINT is revert back to it's default color. I tried - Moving theme file to another location, other theme files, Windows Style Builder - BSC (still dont know what BSC means).
Buttons, Boxes, & Controls > Progress Bars > Normal > Fill, Error, Paused, Device Storage

2. Tried Complete Guide to Theme Building (https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/28810-Complete-Guide-to-Theme-Building) locations to change the Copy Window text color. But not changing.
Locations
Styles > TaskDialogStyle > ContentPane > TextColor
Styles > TaskDialogStyle > ExpandoText > TextColor
Styles > TextStyle > BodyTitle > TextColor

Donkuz
November 21st, 2020, 10:47 PM
Help me. Having a problems with Changing colors in these locations.

1. I changed the color before, but now - when I change FILLCOLORHINT, and click or select any other location, the FILLCOLORHINT is revert back to it's default color. I tried - Moving theme file to another location, other theme files, Windows Style Builder - BSC (still dont know what BSC means).
Buttons, Boxes, & Controls > Progress Bars > Normal > Fill, Error, Paused, Device Storage

2. Tried Complete Guide to Theme Building (https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/28810-Complete-Guide-to-Theme-Building) locations to change the Copy Window text color. But not changing.
Locations

OK mate I see whats up, you cant change the Inherited propertys from there you have to add some propertys or find the location's defautl property's that it inherits from and change it there, its a wonder you can change it at all when I accidently try to change them it crashes to protect the settings.
I dont know what BSC is either I think it has a Base Aero msstyles loaded I dunno.
Anyway have a look in the Styles for them Here they are

bakiras
November 22nd, 2020, 02:44 AM
Thanks mate.
Yes I changed it before. But, I didn't find any changes when I changed it before. So, leaving it as is.
Any idea about Copy Window text color (2nd one) ?

Donkuz
November 22nd, 2020, 04:06 AM
Thanks mate.
Yes I changed it before. But, I didn't find any changes when I changed it before. So, leaving it as is.
Any idea about Copy Window text color (2nd one) ? I tell you what upload the theme and send me a link so, I can upload exact screenshots to show you where they are in WSB, it will help a lot because With different themes some times use Different locations for the colors.

Donkuz
November 22nd, 2020, 09:59 PM
Thanks mate.
Any idea about Copy Window text color (2nd one) ?OK mate heres the fill color locations below you have to edit the fillcolor in Styles and the Image in Buttons Boxs and Controls progress bars normal.
Ok now the Aero Wizard title bar is in 2 locations as well. Styles, and Explorer and shell in the shell settings.
let me know how you go mate, Cheerz!!

bakiras
November 23rd, 2020, 04:35 AM
Copy Window text color still not changing.

Tried these locations

Styles > AeroWizardStyle > HeaderArea > TextColor
Explorer & Shell > Shell > AeroWizard > TitleBar > TextColor

Still showing default Copy Window text color