PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 Adress bar height.

Areoxsa
February 18th, 2021, 02:31 AM
Does anyone know how to get back the old Windows explorer Adress bar height?

since 1903

I am on windows 10 2004 and the big adress bar does not fit with my theme

does exist a Methode would be nice :D

Donkuz
February 18th, 2021, 03:35 AM
Does anyone know how to get back the old Windows explorer Adress bar height?

since 1903

I am on windows 10 2004 and the big adress bar does not fit with my theme

does exist a Methode would be nice :DG day Mate, This little app should help you out https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiYjNe8dYC3Og_cVoCQgeln5J0UpUQ?e=I4ql4O This is what we all use now.
Let me know how you go Bro:Peace:Cheerz!!

Areoxsa
February 18th, 2021, 05:48 PM
G day Mate, This little app should help you out https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiYjNe8dYC3Og_cVoCQgeln5J0UpUQ?e=I4ql4O This is what we all use now.
Let me know how you go Bro:Peace:Cheerz!!

i did it, but dont work, when i run this as Admin. I pressed on "disable new Search"

Are u Sure it works on 2004?

Donkuz
February 19th, 2021, 05:56 AM
i did it, but dont work, when i run this as Admin. I pressed on "disable new Search"

Are u Sure it works on 2004?It works for me, Did you run mach2 as well?

Areoxsa
February 19th, 2021, 09:43 AM
Are u Sure, you use the newest Windows 10 update 2004?

or 1903

Can u show a screenshot from ur desktop and winver would be nice thx

i want to see ur Adress bar how it looks like88906

Donkuz
February 19th, 2021, 11:29 PM
Are u Sure, you use the newest Windows 10 update 2004?

or 1903

Can u show a screenshot from ur desktop and winver would be nice thx

i want to see ur Adress bar how it looks like88906Sure here you go Mate it should work for all versions from 1903, mine looks the same as yours but I think it was much wider before I run the app

Areoxsa
February 20th, 2021, 10:12 AM
I Think Mach2 is running but doesnt fix the Height adress Bar problem to Classic

Uff...

on your Desktop the Adress bar is big not classic : /

innuendo
February 21st, 2021, 07:06 AM
I Think Mach2 is running but doesnt fix the Height adress Bar problem to Classic

Uff...

on your Desktop the Adress bar is big not classic : /

you right . Above build 1903 , mach 2 workaround doesn't work anymore so there is no way to fix this adressbar heightfor good.

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
February 21st, 2021, 01:39 PM
i think all can be possible with editing ExplorerFrame.dll.mun UIFILE (size rp , width rp , height rp)
I recommend any changes to this file for experienced users only
because only the one bad command and this can be broken your File Explorer (Explorer.exe)
for easy use you can put all of the new commands to the OldNewExplorer.dll file .etc

OldNewExplorer can override UIFILES from most files loaded by explorer.exe.
To take advantage of this, add UIFILES to your ShellStyle.dll named the following way:
Example:
SHELL32.DLL UIFILE 23 -> SHELLSTYLE.DLL SHELL32_UIFILE 23
EXPLORERFRAME.DLL UIFILE 20482 -> SHELLSTYLE.DLL EXPLORERFRAME_UIFILE 20482

Note that OldNewExplorer can load other types of resources loaded by DirectUI, for example TWINUI.DLL TILETEMPLATE
Overriding all resources may require explorer.exe restart.

Note that OldNewExplorer's style, details, statusbar settings override shellstyle resources.

WARNING: custom resource types are not loaded from ShellStyle.dll if it has MUI resource pair.
Merge it with mui file and remove MUI resource.

nnq2603
February 22nd, 2021, 12:42 AM
Moonique, Would you provide more details about hex address and value to edit in those hex files? It could save time for who willing to edit but not so sure about hex value. Thanks for suggestion anyway, have a nice day there.

Donkuz
February 22nd, 2021, 08:54 AM

Uff...

on your Desktop the Adress bar is big not classic : /Your right, I musta just got used to it lol, Another way you can do it is with WSB in this location like I have for both light and dark modes
I always do it this way and never notice it not working with an Aero them, Sorry.

Areoxsa
February 22nd, 2021, 11:36 PM
i think all can be possible with editing ExplorerFrame.dll.mun UIFILE (size rp , width rp , height rp)
I recommend any changes to this file for experienced users only
because only the one bad command and this can be broken your File Explorer (Explorer.exe)
for easy use you can put all of the new commands to the OldNewExplorer.dll file .etc

Uhmm do i need Resource hacker for that? and i get that explained more i dont even know how shell32 works pls

Can u make a Video or Pictures to show? would be nice

: D

Areoxsa
April 4th, 2021, 03:02 PM
Your right, I musta just got used to it lol, Another way you can do it is with WSB in this location like I have for both light and dark modes
I always do it this way and never notice it not working with an Aero them, Sorry.

Can u show all steps would be nice : D

Donkuz
April 5th, 2021, 02:46 AM
OK Mate, so if you want to stream line your address and search bars here's the method I use.
First Step: Go to WSB and export the address bar normal or hot image from dark mode to a folder that you can access, now the Image needs to be around 2 or 3 pixels narrower top and bottom, bearing mind your text size.

Second step: Open your folder with the Image in it you just extracted, now right click on it and open with Paint 3D or your alternative Image editor here you can see its 23 pxls heigh
Third step: you now want to resize it to 17pxls height this will take 3 pixels off the top and bottom of the address bar
Step four: Now you have to resize the canvas back to 23pxls height and make sure the canvas is transparent if its not already. Now you can save it.
Step Five: go back to WSB and Import the Image into the Address bar in the Normal, Hot, Unknown and Selected parts and save it, now you have made a Complete resized Default Image
Step Six: Now Export this Image to a folder so now you can Import it to the 3 Search Box sections for Dark Mode showing in the tree save it when your done for Dark Mode.
Step seven: Now in light Mode the address bar is in the Basic settings Import the new Image here
Step Eight: now Import the new Image here for Light Mode search bars save it and then reload the test to see the results and now you are done.
OK now if its to small do it again and try making it 19 pxls heigh instead of 17 pxls heigh, The Address and search bars will use the same sized Image, you need to do this with a Customized address bar and if it is different size to the origonals just replace the Image instead of resizing it. OK guys here you go I hope it helps you to resize the Address and Search Bars as I said this is how I do it if you have any probs just let me know.
:Peace:Let me know how you go Mate.

Areoxsa
April 8th, 2021, 05:03 PM
It worked, thx

Senior User
August 8th, 2021, 07:31 PM
Moonique, Would you provide more details about hex address and value to edit in those hex files? It could save time for who willing to edit but not so sure about hex value. Thanks for suggestion anyway, have a nice day there.
I feel like you should manually extract ExplorerFrame.dll.mun from Windows 10 version 1607 ISO and compare UIFILE 20482 and UIFILE 40960 hexadecimal values with current ExplorerFrame.dll.mun data.

Senior User
August 8th, 2021, 07:53 PM
I posted earlier and tried myself replacing ExplorerFrame.dll.mun UIFILE data of 21H1 with 1607 (UIFILE of 1607 can be found in C:\Windows\System32\ExplorerFrame.dll). It didn't work. It didn't affect address bar in any way. So I assume weir named user was wrong about address bar UI connection with UIFILE_20482 and UIFILE_40960. Adter replacing values only "file explorer" view changed (the part of window where you actually select files, folders, move them, etc.).

Senior User
August 8th, 2021, 07:55 PM
For sume unknown reason I cannot view my own messages. Is that because I'm an LGBT transgender person? That's fascism (https://www.google.com/search?q=fascism&spell=1&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwifxpKomqLyAhVkposKHRLSD1oQBSgAegQIARAw)! Very bad!