PDA

View Full Version : help for explorer.exe

coyotee
March 29th, 2021, 09:20 AM
Hello everyone, I do not often ask in the forum because I find it often, but rapunzel in the forum or in the explanations of moonnique which are very well done, I have a problem for several months when I want to change the icons and the action center icons in c: \ windows \ explorer.exe \ .... When I restart my PC, it starts up and then it spins, but i have black screen, it spins, but I can't do it than a black screen !!!
I have another question for you i think i found it but i am not sure i am looking for the location of windows 10 pro dialog windows in French if anyone could tell me where it is located in the windows, it will be super cool.
Regarding coyotee

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
March 29th, 2021, 01:53 PM
Hello everyone, I do not often ask in the forum because I find it often, but rapunzel in the forum or in the explanations of moonnique which are very well done, I have a problem for several months when I want to change the icons and the action center icons in c: \ windows \ explorer.exe \ .... When I restart my PC, it starts up and then it spins, but i have black screen, it spins, but I can't do it than a black screen !!!
I have another question for you i think i found it but i am not sure i am looking for the location of windows 10 pro dialog windows in French if anyone could tell me where it is located in the windows, it will be super cool.
Regarding coyotee
replacing explorer.exe can broke your system and yes you get black screen after next reboot
you cant replace explorer.exe File Explorer in the Windows 10 because its protected and you cant take ownership this file
you need to save explorer.exe as explorer.exe.mui for 7tsp as explorer.exe.mui.res
you can set Language id for your explorer.exe.mui / explorer.exe.mui.res as Neutral

coyotee
March 29th, 2021, 06:22 PM
a big thank you moonnique for your help, i will try this on.
best regards coyotee

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
March 30th, 2021, 10:15 PM
a big thank you moonnique for your help, i will try this on.
best regards coyotee
no problem you can use my explorer.exe.mui.res file
if you need to change icon for File Explorer just replace Icon file ICO MYCOMPUTER
if you need to change Action Center icons
just replace Icon number 2101 , 2102 , 2103 , 2104
Icon Number 20301 = icon for capture desktop (video)