PDA

View Full Version : How to replace and patch explorer.exe with 7tsp correctly in w10 19h1+ and w11 21h2+

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
November 23rd, 2021, 10:37 AM
How to replace and patch explorer.exe (File Explorer)
with 7tsp correctly in Windows 10 19h1-21h2 and in w11 21h2++
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=48540&d=1318781438
eUks5msNsNc
Hello Friends and sorry if i dont have free time for all tutorials
many messages on DeviantArt to me why only all of mine updated Icon Packs works correctly
sorry but i dont have free time and permission to update all Icon Packs from the other creators
here is simple tutorial how to fix UnPatched explorer.exe (File Explorer) Folder Icon
explorer.exe located in the C:\Windows directory C:\Windows\explorer.exe
explorer.exe is really special and protected system file
this file cant be edited or moved to the other directory without Grand Admin Full Control permission
if you edit or move this original and protected file after Take Ownership from this directory
after restart pc or after restart explorer you get black screen
please never edit and never move explorer.exe from this original directory
how to replace explorer.exe File Explorer Icon correctly?
open explorer.exe.mui located in the C:\Windows\en-US directory
C:\Windows\en-US\explorer.exe.mui
originally this file do not contains any Icon folder or Icon subfolder
you need to create a new one
open explorer.exe.mui with Restorator then right click on explorer.exe.mui\Add Resource\Type
Type set this as Icon
Name set this as ICO_MYCOMPUTER
Language set this as (Neutral) very important
do not use any other language because if you set language as English United States .etc
after patching your Icon not be patched correctly
again right click on explorer.exe.mui\Res Files\Save
you need to save explorer.exe.mui as explorer.exe.mui.res
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=47413&d=1316585287
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=47413&d=1316585287
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=48512&d=1318717506

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
November 25th, 2021, 06:22 PM
hello Friends
here is the explorer.exe.mui.res file updated by me added the Neutral Language
because explorer.exe can be replaced and patched correctly only with Neutral Language
if you need to patch your explorer.exe (File Explorer) Icon correctly
please open this my created explorer.exe.mui.res file and replace this icon for what you like
just click on save and put this new file to your 7tsp Icon Pack resources directory
hope this help to you

XianCR
August 30th, 2022, 06:38 PM
Hello Monique, how are u?
After do all steps like in the video, we have to create the 7stp file and put it in the application 7stp and after restart the pc, file explorer with the new icon is ready.
Is that right?

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
September 3rd, 2022, 06:57 PM
Hello Monique, how are u?
After do all steps like in the video, we have to create the 7stp file and put it in the application 7stp and after restart the pc, file explorer with the new icon is ready.
Is that right?

How can i chancge explorer icon?
i am on windows 11, i changed it before but i forget the process.
all instructions and video tutorial you can find here
if you have problem with modifying your explorer.exe just upload all of your files what you need to replace for me here

XianCR
September 3rd, 2022, 08:11 PM
all instructions and video tutorial you can find here
if you have problem with modifying your explorer.exe just upload all of your files what you need to replace for me here

thanks Monique! I really appreciate all your help and work.
i resolved the problem that I had just improving.

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
September 3rd, 2022, 10:30 PM
thanks Monique! I really appreciate all your help and work.
i resolved the problem that I had just improving.
no problem but if you have sometimes problem with patching or if some icons missing after restart (explorer.exe) has not been replaced correctly
just run 7tsp as administrator and click again on start patching

XianCR
September 4th, 2022, 05:38 AM
Perfect Monique! I had problems when I restart my PC after patching!
but i resolved it you know taking ownership with some files. I mean the files that ultrauxthemepatcher can’t access

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
September 4th, 2022, 08:01 AM
but i resolved it you know taking ownership with some files. I mean the files that ultrauxthemepatcher can’t access
then is a good alternative disabling user account control settings before patching with 7tsp
if you are using this settings as on just turn this off and after patching set this settings back

XianCR
September 4th, 2022, 10:57 AM
then is a good alternative disabling user account control settings before patching with 7tsp
if you are using this settings as on just turn this off and after patching set this settings back
I have full optimization on my windows 11 and I have all notifications off from configuration but I am gonna check it. As I set, I have my system patch so do I have to re patch my system again?
i don’t know why I do full optimization to my system if I have a good pc jaja, I think I do because I came from a laptop with low specifies.

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
September 4th, 2022, 06:19 PM
I have full optimization on my windows 11 and I have all notifications off from configuration but I am gonna check it. As I set, I have my system patch so do I have to re patch my system again?
i don’t know why I do full optimization to my system if I have a good pc jaja, I think I do because I came from a laptop with low specifies.

sorry but 7tsp GUI Se7en Theme Source patcher and UltraUXTheme patcher is two different application
if is your system alreday patched with UltraUXTheme patcher you not need patch your system again
just open UltraUXTheme patcher and check if is your system really patched

XianCR
September 4th, 2022, 06:38 PM
sorry but 7tsp GUI Se7en Theme Source patcher and UltraUXTheme patcher is two different application
if is your system alreday patched with UltraUXTheme patcher you not need patch your system again
just open UltraUXTheme patcher and check if is your system really patched
Thank u, I already checked it and it is patched.