PDA

View Full Version : Windows 12

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
February 20th, 2022, 09:43 AM
Windows 12
No, it's not a typo.
According to our information, Microsoft will start preparing for Windows 12 in March.
In the run-up, they had already been looking for employees who would then provide additional support to the team.
That doesn't mean that we'll see a new Windows 12 tomorrow.
This can still drag on, because you start (almost) from scratch.
One can assume that the Windows 10 substructure will then be completely said goodbye.
Windows 11 still has this substructure.
That means in plain English:
What you started with Windows 10 X, to do everything new, is then really implemented in Windows 12.
The latest changes in the Insider already show where the path is going.
the fact that two TPM modules are then required is of course a joke.
But if you start now, also for the Pro, you need an internet connection and later also an MS account
you can already imagine in which direction things are going.

A Guy
February 20th, 2022, 10:01 AM
With hexagon corners? :D

A Guy

Dark Knight
February 20th, 2022, 11:36 AM
you can already imagine in which direction things are going

Yes, completely down the sh!tter
I have already uninstalled 11 and went back to 10 so I can enjoy using third party themes.
Now you will have to have an MS account to install Windows? this means local accounts will no longer be allowed?

Sounds fishy to me and A LOT like privacy is going to be a BIG issue, my advice to everyone is to hang onto you iso's that you have now that allow you to make local accounts. Even when 10 goes out of support it will still work , much like those still using XP.

Microsoft will stop at nothing to get inside your machine (not like they already are ).

Shemhamforash
February 20th, 2022, 12:44 PM
I think unless you buy a new computer with the OS installed, it is best to wait a good year before updating to the latest windows release. Lots of bug fixes and major updates get pushed through in that time.

The early version of W10 was not well liked. Now though, it's probably more popular and widespread than W7 ever was.

Dantedark
February 20th, 2022, 02:11 PM
றѳѳղղįqվદ® (https://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/175485-%E0%AE%B1%D1%B3%D1%B3%D5%B2%D5%B2%C4%AFq%D5%BE%E0%AA%A6%C2%AE)
Aren't you going to share anything about creating themes in windows 11 with us? how can we have our themes modified like the MSI Dragon Red you post?

A Guy
February 22nd, 2022, 09:20 AM
It will all be speculation until there is something official, but we are prepared ;)

https://www.twelveforums.com/

A Guy

mm8844
April 18th, 2022, 10:20 PM
Google seems to have been doing a good job.
It's easy for Microsoft to steal everyone. They own the OS.
What better way to get you other than not letting you in?

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
December 3rd, 2023, 01:58 PM
https://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=91311&d=1645353659
Windows 12 24H2 expected in 2024
So far, Microsoft has not commented on what the next version of Windows will be called.
It always just says, the next version of windows.
We already reported in February 2022 that a new Windows version was coming.
It is now confirmed that a new version will be coming next year.

Whether it will be called Windows 12 remains to be seen. Hardware manufacturers (OEMs) will receive Windows 12 in June 2024.
Quanta boss Lin Baili and Acer CEO Chen Junsheng assume that this system will contain even more AI (artificial intelligence).
Not just for consumers as a PC, but also servers, probably Server 2025 and also AI for car systems.
Neither can yet estimate the need for AI systems.
However, they assume that AI in operating systems will stimulate the market.

So far there has been a rumor that Windows 12 will be coming instead of Windows 11 24H2.
But Tero already found an entry in the group policies that is valid from Windows 11 24H2.
https://www.ghacks.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/windows-11-24h2.png
Microsoft will certainly proceed in the same way as with Windows 10 19041 to 19045.
So again, update to Windows 11 24H2 via a small function update and then make it available in the fall.
This would mean that Windows 11 24H2 would be supported until October 2026 and Business until 2027.

It will be interesting to see how Microsoft handles it with Windows 12.
Even more AI in all systems, or separated between consumer and business versions.
Autumn 2024 (and of course before) will certainly be exciting.

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
January 30th, 2024, 01:45 PM
Windows 12 24H2 OS Build 27547
https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/88011-Windows-12 (https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/88011-Windows-12/page2?p=359789&viewfull=1#post359789)

A Guy
February 15th, 2024, 05:29 AM
Moon, are they actually going to name that Windows 12? Is that a made up wallpaper?

A Guy

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
February 15th, 2024, 10:50 AM
Moon, are they actually going to name that Windows 12? Is that a made up wallpaper?

A Guy
it is the upcoming version of the new operating system
both versions will come out together as 24H2 but a different os build
Windows 11 24H2 with AI integration will be implementet into windows update OS Build 26xxx
Windows 12 24H2 27xxx with AI integration will be available later

Nimueh
February 15th, 2024, 01:29 PM
As someone still using Win 10: All that integrated AI stuff absolutely does NOT make me want to update like EVER lol

Can't they simply release a normal Windows and make all that horrible AI stuff an optional update? Geeeez :unhappy:

Shemhamforash
February 15th, 2024, 07:35 PM
As someone still using Win 10: All that integrated AI stuff absolutely does NOT make me want to update like EVER lol

Can't they simply release a normal Windows and make all that horrible AI stuff an optional update? Geeeez :unhappy:

Seems like it's inevitable to add AI to most OSs. If there's more telemetry/data collection and not very useful features that could be seen as a negative. However if battery life is improved like it's supposed to be that could be one aspect that's beneficial.

Nimueh
February 16th, 2024, 06:00 AM
Seems like it's inevitable to add AI to most OSs. If there's more telemetry/data collection and not very useful features that could be seen as a negative. However if battery life is improved like it's supposed to be that could be one aspect that's beneficial.

Why would using AI be inevitable? Personally I have ZERO use for that stuff, and never will. Maybe if someone still goes to school and needs to cheat on their homework by having AI write it ... but as an (oooold) adult I fail to see the purpose of AI.

Battery life doesn't matter to me either since I use a regular desktop PC. It only needs about 65W when idle, so I doubt any OS can improve that :whistle:

A Guy
February 16th, 2024, 06:36 AM
Thanks Moon ;) Yeah, I like a mostly stand alone OS...although I certainly understand it will always contact the mothership

A Guy

Shemhamforash
February 16th, 2024, 11:58 AM
Why would using AI be inevitable? Personally I have ZERO use for that stuff, and never will. Maybe if someone still goes to school and needs to cheat on their homework by having AI write it ... but as an (oooold) adult I fail to see the purpose of AI.

Battery life doesn't matter to me either since I use a regular desktop PC. It only needs about 65W when idle, so I doubt any OS can improve that :whistle:

It's not inevitable for you to use it, but it is inevitable to be used in OSs by big tech. I could see winaero tweaker or similar app having ability to disable some of those features.

Nimueh
February 16th, 2024, 02:18 PM
It's not inevitable for you to use it, but it is inevitable to be used in OSs by big tech. I could see winaero tweaker or similar app having ability to disable some of those features.

Hopefully we'll be able to disable ALL that stuff, otherwise I'm staying on Windows 10 for the rest of my life. I'm already over 60 so that won't be too hard to accomplish lol.

AI is THE worst invention ever and will lead to way too many shenanigans. Already pictures + videos are being made by AI, next step: The REAL "fake news".

A Guy
February 17th, 2024, 05:55 AM
Yeah they make and release things and no thought of consequences. Already been used for shenanigans. With a large group who already believe in "alternative facts" and anything posted by "their news" is accepted as gospel it's troublesome. And with an aged group of lawmakers who don't understand most of it...not a good recipe

I do see great uses for it, medical research and detection for instance

https://www.breastcancer.org/research-news/ai-mammogram-reading

But personally I always want a human at the controls and don't want to see it used to replace humans for money saving sake, unless that frees up humans to pursue other pursuits. But right now it's AI making music and art :(

https://twitter.com/KarlreMarks/status/1658028017921261569?lang=en

A Guy

Nimueh
February 17th, 2024, 06:12 AM
Yeah they make and release things and no thought of consequences. Already been used for shenanigans. With a large group who already believe in "alternative facts" and anything posted by "their news" is accepted as gospel it's troublesome. And with an aged group of lawmakers who don't understand most of it...not a good recipe

I do see great uses for it, medical research and detection for instance

https://www.breastcancer.org/research-news/ai-mammogram-reading

But personally I always want a human at the controls and don't want to see it used to replace humans for money saving sake, unless that frees up humans to pursue other pursuits. But right now it's AI making music and art :(

https://twitter.com/KarlreMarks/status/1658028017921261569?lang=en

A Guy

I fully agree - in medicine it can and will help, but I'd always want a real doctor involved.

For anything else it should be strictly regulated and not something every Joe Schmoe has access to. Pretty sure I know which group you're talking about and yes ... anything AI will just make it easier for them to fool their gullible userbase and cause more death + destruction.

Ezequiel1717
March 4th, 2024, 09:31 PM
I have Windows 10 and I think it's time for a change.

Neroon
May 18th, 2024, 03:46 PM
I am almost 60 myself, but i do enjoy AI Prompt To Image. I love customising my PC as do we all, but for me, its always been a struggle to source Wallpapers to match my Themes. I have no problem sourcing wallpaper sites as there are so many online, but i was never fully happy with what i could find, so i took the plunge, joined a Very Good AI To Image site and now i am hooked. My Desktop has never looked so good. Now i have Something that fits my Themes like a Glove, I experiment with my prompts, tweaking things until i get just what i had in my head as a thought. Never thought i would like or use AI Prompt To Image, Now, i would not like to Customise my PC without it. Every Image is Bespoke To Me and My Tastes.

I Do understand why some people would be fearful of AI, I Have Vascular Parkinsonism Dementia, but still want a Human Doctor Leading my Medical Team etc..

MOST_WASTED
May 20th, 2024, 03:46 PM
I am almost 60 myself, but i do enjoy AI Prompt To Image. I love customising my PC as do we all, but for me, its always been a struggle to source Wallpapers to match my Themes. I have no problem sourcing wallpaper sites as there are so many online, but i was never fully happy with what i could find, so i took the plunge, joined a Very Good AI To Image site and now i am hooked. My Desktop has never looked so good. Now i have Something that fits my Themes like a Glove, I experiment with my prompts, tweaking things until i get just what i had in my head as a thought. Never thought i would like or use AI Prompt To Image, Now, i would not like to Customise my PC without it. Every Image is Bespoke To Me and My Tastes.

I Do understand why some people would be fearful of AI, I Have Vascular Parkinsonism Dementia, but still want a Human Doctor Leading my Medical Team etc..

I am still more fearful of humans than machines. AI can be helpful to make certain jobs easier because that is what it is programmed to do. If it ever goes haywire and takes over it will probably still be because theres a human exploiting it lol

Neroon
May 20th, 2024, 03:57 PM
I am still more fearful of humans than machines. AI can be helpful to make certain jobs easier because that is what it is programmed to do. If it ever goes haywire and takes over it will probably still be because theres a human exploiting it lol

After Spending A Lifetime Soldiering In some Terrible Places, I Have Seen Genocide Up Close in Africa and Yugoslavia. You are more right than you know MOST_WASTED, Humans Are Far More Brutal To Each other than Machines or AI Could Ever be. Humans will always Manipulate AI To Do There Bidding.

Shemhamforash
May 22nd, 2024, 12:51 AM
New app being released on W12, a tool that watches everything you do on your computer (Recall) - https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/microsoft-recall-ai-artificial-intelligence-b2548688.html

Robbo
May 22nd, 2024, 06:40 AM
Not surprised by anything that MS does these days.

Dark Knight
May 22nd, 2024, 12:11 PM
New app being released on W12, a tool that watches everything you do on your computer (Recall) - https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/microsoft-recall-ai-artificial-intelligence-b2548688.html

Your Windows machine has just become an in home government surveillance device , to call it anything less would be an outright lie, another way to keep a thumb on the masses.

A Guy
May 23rd, 2024, 04:42 AM
Like the smart phone most use now? I don't think Microsoft is doing the governments bidding, I think they just want all your data themselves. It could definitely end up in government hands

A Guy

Dark Knight
May 23rd, 2024, 03:52 PM
Like the smart phone most use now? I don't think Microsoft is doing the governments bidding, I think they just want all your data themselves. It could definitely end up in government hands

A Guy

Oh I think Microsoft does a lot of the governments bidding, just like Facebook and the rest of social media. Everyone knows that Microsoft is in bed with the DoD, that in itself speaks volumes.
As for smart phones, mine is strictly used as a phone, nothing more nothing less, no email, no internet is used on it.

Microsoft has been trying to get into everyone's machines for years, they will now cram it down your throat and do it.

Shemhamforash
May 26th, 2024, 02:55 AM
After October 14, 2025, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or technical support for Windows 10 - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/end-of-support?r=1

MOST_WASTED
June 7th, 2024, 07:55 PM
Microsoft says they gather all these data to help us. I dont know about you guys but i never asked for any help lol

A Guy
June 8th, 2024, 10:07 AM
All your base are belong to us...

A Guy

voanhminh841
June 26th, 2024, 02:34 PM
thank