PDA

View Full Version : Need Help : Chrome Icon

R34P3R
March 11th, 2022, 01:35 PM
I have made a custom (New) Chrome Icon and I am trying 2 make a .res file >>> I use Resource Hacker and switch up the Icon that i have made, I make a .res file 4 both the .exe and .dll files. When i am done i save both as follows : chrome.dll.res / chrome.exe.res >>> Trouble is that when they R both added 2 my 7tsp Pack along with the other files in the pack and i patch the 7tsp pack the chrome icon is not changed >>> What am i doing wrong >>> Any help would B appreciated. I know i can right click the icon on the taskbar and change it that way. >>> Looking 2 change it through my 7tsp pack that has the 75 .res files in it. >>> THANX

I am using Windows 11 if that gives more insight

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
March 12th, 2022, 01:32 AM
I have made a custom (New) Chrome Icon and I am trying 2 make a .res file >>> I use Resource Hacker and switch up the Icon that i have made, I make a .res file 4 both the .exe and .dll files. When i am done i save both as follows : chrome.dll.res / chrome.exe.res >>> Trouble is that when they R both added 2 my 7tsp Pack along with the other files in the pack and i patch the 7tsp pack the chrome icon is not changed >>> What am i doing wrong >>> Any help would B appreciated. I know i can right click the icon on the taskbar and change it that way. >>> Looking 2 change it through my 7tsp pack that has the 75 .res files in it. >>> THANX

I am using Windows 11 if that gives more insight
hello and sorry but not all Icons included in C:\Program Files can be replaced with 7tsp
because Google Chrome get updates every 2-5 days
if is your Google Chrome updated on the higher version after this update has been this icon automatically updated back on default
if google chrome get update every one hour you need patch your system every one hour with 7tsp and thats ridiculous
better way is replacing this icon manually
just go to C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application
and open chrome.exe file with resource hacker or with Restorator
and just replace default icon IDR MAINFRAME manually
save chrome.exe on your desktop
cut and paste chrome.exe from your desktop to the original directory
C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application
and click on replace thats all
this replace your original .exe file and shortcut on your desktop
now you can pin your new icon to your taskbar , start menu , quick access .etc
if is your original icon not changed just restart your pc or delete your icon cache

R34P3R
March 12th, 2022, 03:11 AM
THANX 4 The Feedback / Help M >>> Thats Exactly What I Have Done >>> Thought Maybe There Was A More Permanant Fix. :peace:

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
March 12th, 2022, 01:17 PM
THANX 4 The Feedback / Help M >>> Thats Exactly What I Have Done >>> Thought Maybe There Was A More Permanant Fix. :peace:
you can create this alternative ResPatcher file for chrome.exe
this replace all of your modifications with one-click
just open your chrome.exe file with Restorator and click on Tools\Create ResPatcher