PDA

View Full Version : Ported Windows 10 to 11 Themes?

hunteds911
April 15th, 2022, 02:57 PM
I have looked through out VC and did not see this posted anywhere. Hopefully this is the right place to post this.
I love all the themes that have been created for Windows 10. Will any of the Windows 10 themes / styles be ported to Windows 11?

Thank you to all the designers of these wonderful themes / styles.

Hunteds911

Donkuz
April 15th, 2022, 09:37 PM
I have looked through out VC and did not see this posted anywhere. Hopefully this is the right place to post this.
I love all the themes that have been created for Windows 10. Will any of the Windows 10 themes / styles be ported to Windows 11?

Thank you to all the designers of these wonderful themes / styles.

Hunteds911Hi Hunteds911, Well the bad news is that It don't look like we will be able port any w10 themes anytime soon, Thanks to Microsoft and there infinite wisdom they have really locked it down so you cant modify or customize it, the good news is the best you can do is try the compatible w11 themes but they are all macro styled and pretty much all look the same with no custom frames or menus or you could try using windows server 2022. If you want to buy it or try it for 180 days. Sorry to be the bearer of Bad news but were all struggling with this and trying our best to find a hack.

Nimueh
April 16th, 2022, 05:29 AM
Well that blows ... guess I'll be staying on w10 forever. I just can't stand the optics of w11, it's all so flat, boring and ugly :crying:

Donkuz
April 16th, 2022, 05:44 AM
Yeah me to Brother, It sucks. I really like the new layout but The best I can do is get explorer and the menus to work using W11 default theme as a base but The borders and frames are just square and it wont let me use a customized Start menu or taskbar with startallsback. So it looks a bit like w10 but a mix of w11 which is a bit better. I have both w10 and w11 installed on a 1TB hard drive and use multi boot but spend all my time on w10 for making themes. Its a shame but until someone comes up with a hack for w11 were stuck with it, I think more people would use w11 if you could use custom Themes.

nicely
April 20th, 2022, 01:23 AM
Yeah me to Brother, It sucks. I really like the new layout but The best I can do is get explorer and the menus to work using W11 default theme as a base but The borders and frames are just square and it wont let me use a customized Start menu or taskbar with startallsback. So it looks a bit like w10 but a mix of w11 which is a bit better. I have both w10 and w11 installed on a 1TB hard drive and use multi boot but spend all my time on w10 for making themes. Its a shame but until someone comes up with a hack for w11 were stuck with it, I think more people would use w11 if you could use custom Themes.
i made an script for w11 few weeks ago, but WSB wont apply it on w11 for some reason

Donkuz
April 20th, 2022, 07:03 AM
i made an script for w11 few weeks ago, but WSB wont apply it on w11 for some reason Hi Nicely, That sux's Mate. It could be because a lot of the classes and property's either don't exists anymore or have been moved thanks to startallsback . Keep at it mate some one's got to hack it eventually. I wouldn't mind a look at your script if you would like to give me a look at it.
PM Me mate and I will give it a try.

Neroon
April 20th, 2022, 02:55 PM
I have been able to get some themes working fine on Win 11 Enterprise. The start menu skins ok as does the taskbar, but explorer windows do not skin the borders, the two themes i am using on Win 11 right now are Tron, and Tron Legacy Premium themes, of coarse i use Startallback and use Explorer Patcher to change the ribbon as without this the Win11 explorer windows crashes. I have been using both these themes since last year , all MS updates have besides one have applied without issues, the one time it did default to the basic after an update, i just re applied through StartAllBack and all was ok again.

I would only recommend peeps do this if they have a way to recover if things go wrong. I installed a 4 SSD multi booting System, two with Win 10 Enterprise and two with Win 11 Enterprise, i made images of all OSs so i could recover in less than 10 minutes, luckily for me i have only needed to do this once after testing dozens of Win 10 themes on Win11, so if like me you can no longer look at the Win 11 Desktop, give it a go taking the precautions i have listed, Never try this on your everyday computer, i bought 3 extra SSDs as small 120GB Drives are very cheap to buy and used the 3 added drives for experimenting.