PDA

View Full Version : WSB with Windows 11

Raiderman68
June 1st, 2023, 03:31 PM
Can we use WSB for Windows 11? I was using the 1903+ version and doing some testing, and it was testing fine. For some reason it stopped working. I hit the test button, and it just closes.
Am I missing something? I want to create some themes for Win 11? Maybe a short tutorial on how to completely theme it? I see nothing on the web about how to do it.

J4M3SX019
June 1st, 2023, 04:27 PM
hi Raiderman68 no i did try importing a w7 theme on w11 it doesnt work but you can import a w7 theme on w10 and then after importing to w10 1903+ you can save your theme and then bring it over to w11 and then you can use the wsb to customize change the parts you like and then save

Raiderman68
June 1st, 2023, 06:22 PM
I used 7tsp to change all of my icons, but the folder icon does not show any contents. It looks like an empty folder. Is there something about windows 11 that makes that happen?

Mr GRiM
June 1st, 2023, 09:59 PM
Can we use WSB for Windows 11? I was using the 1903+ version and doing some testing, and it was testing fine. For some reason it stopped working. I hit the test button, and it just closes.
Am I missing something? I want to create some themes for Win 11? Maybe a short tutorial on how to completely theme it? I see nothing on the web about how to do it.

You can use it on Windows 11, you need to open your theme or create a new one, then save your theme straight away, make sure you have a copy of your theme though as sometimes WSB closes when trying to save and corrupts the msstyles, after a successful save you can then test the theme and it should not close, make sure you do regular saves though as WSB has random crashes, this has always been the case though, just remember each time you open a theme, make sure you have an up to date copy and then save it before you modify or test it.

J4M3SX019
June 1st, 2023, 10:24 PM
hi mark yeah importing a w7 theme on a w11 machine wont work but yeah you can either make a new 1 or use an existing 1 to modify and save before test it out

Raiderman68
June 1st, 2023, 11:46 PM
You can use it on Windows 11, you need to open your theme or create a new one, then save your theme straight away, make sure you have a copy of your theme though as sometimes WSB closes when trying to save and corrupts the msstyles, after a successful save you can then test the theme and it should not close, make sure you do regular saves though as WSB has random crashes, this has always been the case though, just remember each time you open a theme, make sure you have an up to date copy and then save it before you modify or test it.

Thank you! That works! Now I can modify how I want it :D

Raiderman68
June 2nd, 2023, 12:09 AM
Do we modify the taskbar through StartAllBack? I noticed that the taskbar doesnt change, but the start menu does. Before, I used to modify the stock start is back start menu, and taskbar and applied it through the program itself to get the desired look I wanted.

Edit: NVM Figured it out...thanks!

J4M3SX019
June 2nd, 2023, 05:41 PM
hi mate yeah if your custom theme as got a custom startmenu and taskbar you can modify it with the wsb and also when you apply your custom w11 or w10 theme which ever OS you use it will apply those automatically

J4M3SX019
June 2nd, 2023, 10:44 PM
hi raiderman68 thanks for the thanks and likes also if you need any help with your themes send me a pm yeah i dont mind w11 for custom themes but windows 10 is way much better

Raiderman68
June 17th, 2023, 01:35 PM
Is there a way to get folder contents in explorer? Folders look empty.

claude96
June 17th, 2023, 02:52 PM

Hi Mr Grim, first thanks a million tons for all your great work and help, but anychance you have time to take a look here : https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/88228-TOP-GUN-MAVERICK-by-Donkuz/page5?p=358960&viewfull=1#post358960 and tell me what am I doing wrong !? and or Missing !?, again thanks a mill.

Raiderman68
June 18th, 2023, 12:33 AM
Hi Mr Grim, first thanks a million tons for all your great work and help, but anychance you have time to take a look here : https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/88228-TOP-GUN-MAVERICK-by-Donkuz/page5?p=358960&viewfull=1#post358960 and tell me what am I doing wrong !? and or Missing !?, again thanks a mill.

Holy thread hijack Batman :bored: