PDA

View Full Version : Windows 11 Theme importing help

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
June 12th, 2023, 08:35 AM
OK so not exactly what I had planned for this theme, it was a bit of a challenge but I think it turned out OK, thanks for letting me have a go at it Donkuz, please alter it as much as you like and make a proper post for it if you like.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pp8lxpkccdk3x04/Top+Gun+Maverick.7z/file

Here is my latest version of WSB for Windows 11, Import your theme and apply the "Windows 11 DWM Import Fix" stylehack and then save your theme, you can only test the theme after you first save it, not sure why it needs to do that but otherwise it will just close WSB, also make sure make regular backups of any themes in case wsb closes when saving and corrupts the msstyles.

You may want to make a shortcut to where the test files are saved in "C:\ProgramData\Windows Style Builder\Testing" it's also a good idea to unhide the ProgramData folder if for some reason you get a black screen while testing, I have found that if you can get in to the Windows recovery and open a CMP prompt you can then open regedit and from there you can access your file system if you select import and show all files, then delete the testing folder and resume back to windows and you can recover your windows installation, if you do not do this then you may have to reinstall your OS.

Always test new themes on A VM, after you have a successful import you can also use the theme on Windows 10, This version of WSB supports Windows 10 and 11, you can edit, test and save your themes on Windows 10, I have done this myself as it is more stable and also I kept getting Bluescreens when using Photoshop on the VM.
looks really amazing
but how to using this import scripts correctly because here is many files
menu 11 , win 11 import script 1-4 and windows 11dwm
we need to import all of this? or what is the correctly step for import

Neroon
June 12th, 2023, 11:52 AM
Looks very good. The Borders are better than i thought they would be using BasicThemer 2, good work Mr GRiM.

Donkuz.

I am getting on in years bud (old Eyes), so would it be ok if i changed the text colour of the Theme, to a vivid Bright Blue, so as all text stands out more, cheers.

Mr GRiM
June 12th, 2023, 12:26 PM
The stylescripts are run when you import the theme, they are not there to be used after that, only use the stylehack and make sure to save straight after using it, you may need to reopen and save the theme a second time before testing, good luck.

Neroon
June 12th, 2023, 03:17 PM
I cant see why not, you can personalize it for your own use if you need to, I really don't mind.

Thankyou Donkuz.

J4M3SX019
June 12th, 2023, 09:18 PM
hi moon yeah ive tried the new wsb and applied the stylehacks and i cant get it to work

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
June 12th, 2023, 09:45 PM
The stylescripts are run when you import the theme, they are not there to be used after that, only use the stylehack and make sure to save straight after using it, you may need to reopen and save the theme a second time before testing, good luck.

hi moon yeah ive tried the new wsb and applied the stylehacks and i cant get it to work
thats why I asked about the correct steps
because I also have a problem with porting every single theme
we must be doing something wrong

Dave Senior
June 12th, 2023, 10:44 PM
Thanks Mark! I haven't got around to installing win 11 yet, but when I do I'll be sure to use this. All previous versions worked flawlessly for me and I'm able to use my stale 10 year old themes to this day, hahahaaha

claude96
June 13th, 2023, 02:34 PM
thats why I asked about the correct steps
because I also have a problem with porting every single theme
we must be doing something wrong

Hi Moonn, thanks for the wsb for win 11 info, same here btw, I'm geting errors in all the themes I've tested !!?, and btw I'm testing it on win 10 ( Mr Grim said they should work on both win 10 & win 11 ! )
PS: on win 11 wsb closes as soon as I press the test button on any theme I test , even untouched ones !!?, any ideas why ??!

Mr GRiM
June 18th, 2023, 12:17 AM
Hi Moonn, thanks for the wsb for win 11 info, same here btw, I'm geting errors in all the themes I've tested !!?, and btw I'm testing it on win 10 ( Mr Grim said they should work on both win 10 & win 11 ! )
PS: on win 11 wsb closes as soon as I press the test button on any theme I test , even untouched ones !!?, any ideas why ??!

WSB closes on Windows 11 when you try to open any theme and hit test, you first have to save the theme again and then test will work, problem is that sometimes when you save the theme it also closes WSB and then it also corrupts the msstyles, my advice is to always make a copy of any theme you are working on, once you have a theme open and have saved it then you can test it and save normally.

Now the other issue with WSB errors testing themes will mainly come down to Windows 11 creating a lot of new parts when importing the theme, there are more images added to the msstyles and if you have a theme that already has a lot of large images then it may cause an error, the solution is to make images smaller, crop any large images that do not need to be so large, use sizing margins to stretch the images, if you reduce the size of a few images the msstyles should work.

I will have another go at importing the themes without adding the new classes and see how that goes.

If you have any theme in particular that you would like me to test, please let me know, so far I not had a theme that I can not import so I would like some of the ones you guys are struggling with so I can test and make improvements.

J4M3SX019
June 18th, 2023, 01:06 AM
hi yeah wsb doesnt close when you open any w11 or w10 theme and test the theme when using w11 machine ive noticed when you open the wsb and go to import the theme you want and then select windows 11 dwm import fix and then save then open save again and test it the theme will be corrupted ive tried a theme with very few images and it gives the error

Mr GRiM
June 18th, 2023, 04:24 AM
Created a new thread to discuss any issues with importing themes and testing.

Mr GRiM
June 18th, 2023, 04:37 AM
hi yeah wsb doesnt close when you open any w11 or w10 theme and test the theme when using w11 machine ive noticed when you open the wsb and go to import the theme you want and then select windows 11 dwm import fix and then save then open save again and test it the theme will be corrupted ive tried a theme with very few images and it gives the error

If you are having errors with the theme then send it to me and I can find the problem.

J4M3SX019
June 18th, 2023, 08:23 AM
hi mr grimm yeah nope still doesnt work ive tried all the stylehacks and still gives the error ive tried a theme with small images and nothing it could be the stylehacks thats causing the issue or is it you have to use w11 22h2 also how did you fix the theme i sent yeah i cant figure out why its not working only on w10 i could port any theme i wanted but not on w11

claude96
June 20th, 2023, 10:34 PM
WSB closes on Windows 11 when you try to open any theme and hit test, you first have to save the theme again and then test will work, problem is that sometimes when you save the theme it also closes WSB and then it also corrupts the msstyles, my advice is to always make a copy of any theme you are working on, once you have a theme open and have saved it then you can test it and save normally.

Now the other issue with WSB errors testing themes will mainly come down to Windows 11 creating a lot of new parts when importing the theme, there are more images added to the msstyles and if you have a theme that already has a lot of large images then it may cause an error, the solution is to make images smaller, crop any large images that do not need to be so large, use sizing margins to stretch the images, if you reduce the size of a few images the msstyles should work.

I will have another go at importing the themes without adding the new classes and see how that goes.

If you have any theme in particular that you would like me to test, please let me know, so far I not had a theme that I can not import so I would like some of the ones you guys are struggling with so I can test and make improvements.

Hi Mr GRIM, Thanks a million tons for all your help, also for wsb for win 10 & 11 v2.0, so far it's working like a charm ( on windows 10 & 11 ) if one follows carefully your instractions, again in short thanks a million bunch of tons for all your hard and great work
PS : I based this on your Dark7 Ultimate2 theme for win 7 BTW.