Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get rid of these icons

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to get rid of these icons

Hi. I changed my 7 system icons with new ones with restorator. Previously I used the Mr Grim installer for his icon set. As you can see in the attached images actually if I open Windows Explorer trought the taskbar link I see the new ones but if I open it trought the Start Menu some old ones are still in place. The same goes with other icons such the one appearing in the taskbar when I open Personalization window. I rebuilded icon cache as suggested somewhere and changed all possible instances in imageres and shell32. Where the hell are the old icons coming from? thanks in advance.
    Attachment 34162Attachment 34163Attachment 34164
    Last edited by gor17981; August 18th, 2011 at 09:04 PM.

TTSquad

Re: How to get rid of these icons

Hi mate, sorry I don't have the answer to your problem but I just wanted to know how you managed to make the progress bars black under the HDD drive letter icons?? or what theme are you using ?

Thank you and have a good day!

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lekter001
    Hi. I changed my 7 system icons with new ones with restorator. Previously I used the Mr Grim installer for his icon set. As you can see in the attached images actually if I open Windows Explorer trought the taskbar link I see the new ones but if I open it trought the Start Menu some old ones are still in place. The same goes with other icons such the one appearing in the taskbar when I open Personalization window. I rebuilded icon cache as suggested somewhere and changed all possible instances in imageres and shell32. Where the hell are the old icons coming from? thanks in advance.
    There appears to be a bug in the assigning of icons to external storage devices. I have exactly the same kind of mystery icon for my G: and E: (external and DVD respectively). I don't know where the G: icon comes from (it appears to be the icon for Easy Transfer!) or where it's stored but it resists all attempts to discover or change it so I've kinda decided to live with it. The E: icon is the CD drive icon when it should be the DVD drive icon. Whether that's just random or there's some logic that can be traced remains likewise a mystery!
    Last edited by Big V; September 24th, 2011 at 11:36 PM.

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TTSquad
    Hi mate, sorry I don't have the answer to your problem but I just wanted to know how you managed to make the progress bars black under the HDD drive letter icons?? or what theme are you using ?

Thank you and have a good day!
    those are part of a theme I'm working on.

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wassamatteru
    There appears to be a bug in the assigning of icons to external storage devices. I have exactly the same kind of mystery icon for my G: and E: (external and DVD respectively). I don't know where the G: icon comes from (it appears to be the icon for Easy Transfer!) or where it's stored but it resists all attempts to discover or change it so I've kinda decided to live with it. The E: icon is the CD drive icon when it should be the DVD drive icon. Whether that's just random or there's some logic that can be traced remains likewise a mystery!
    Don't know if it's a bug but they are stored somewhere...
    Last edited by Big V; September 24th, 2011 at 11:36 PM.

VC Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lekter001
    go to "folder options" and make sure that "show hidden files, folders and drives" is "ticked", then Apply, OK.
    now go to C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local folder and delete IconCache.db file.
    restart, refresh all icons by right clicking on desktop.... and do that again if folders still not changed.

...it should help
    Last edited by Big V; September 24th, 2011 at 11:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information