Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best New Processors

VC Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best New Processors

So, I am about to purchase a new laptop and was wanting some feedback and maybe some links to some ideas. I was leaning towards the new i7 processor. Anybody got any feedback??

Righteous Dude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    262 Thread(s)

Sex:

Re: Best New Processors

I have a 2 week old Windows 7 desktop with an i5 750. I don't game, or work with very intensive apps, so in my research, I came to the conclusion I didn't need i7/X58. This i5/P55 is way more than I needed actually . Easily overclockable with turbo on, or to 4GHz+ stable with it off. Plenty fast, low power consumption (important in a laptop for sure). Suggest you do some research at Tom's Hardware, and a lot will depend on your desired usage. If you can afford it (and really want it ), an i7 would be an excellent choice. UB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have HP Pavilion Laptop with Intel Core i7 Processor.The features and components in it are very excellent. The core i7 processor is very fast and don't be fooled by the 1.6ghz speed, these i7 quads are extremely powerful and self overclock to a max of 2.8ghz under heavy load and intensive applications.
    It provide Fastest high-end desktop CPU & supporting motherboard supports both graphics card vendors' multicard technologies.

VC Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I will actually be using it for school and work both. Everything I do is on my computer and even though Im not much of a computer gamer anymore, it would be nice to be able to game if I wanted to. The i7 looked like a good choice, but for 900 dollars, to me thats midrange for a laptop. I want something that will be able to handle anything that I throw at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... How about AMD? They are the best Buy with best performance/price relation...

The new AMD Phenom II X6 (Thuban) seems realy good...
    And if you think you dont need the 6 cores, you can take a look at the Phennom II X4... I have one... the X4 955 3.2 GHz and it doesen't fail me at nothing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah..Phenom II x6 seem good to..but my brother say that AMD will release the Phenom II x8 in 2010 but the date...its seem AMD is really wanted to be main manafucter of Proc..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information