Ever since installing Windows 7 SP1 and Winmate , it kind of screwed with my themes and I have to unistall custom icons and reinstall which went fine , but when it cam to uninstalling Theme Resource Changer then re installing is where I ran into my problem .

I uninstalled theme resource changer fine , rebooted , when I tried to reinstall I got the message "ThemeResourceChangerX64-v10.exe is not a valid Win32 application" , after clicking "ok" the file disappears from the folder leaving just the X86.exe file in the folder ?
I have tried to re download the file from VC to my desktop , documents etc. only to not have the file appear after download ????

I have googled this to no avail , looked at the microsoft knowlege base to no avail .
Everything on my system works fine except for that file , there are no viruses , maleware , i have ran a disc cleanup , emptied my temp folder .

Running :
Windows 7 Home Premium X64
Processor : Pentium Dual Core 2.60GHZ
Ram: 6GB

I really do not know if it is SP1 or Winmate that I downloaded from here that got me into this mess but there has to be a way out .
OR is Theme Resource Changer just not compatible with Windows 7 SP1 ?

Please before you answer :
If your one of those who is just going to say "reformat and reinstall" ........ please don't , because that's the easy way out , this happened somehow so there has to be a way to reverse it .

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated .