Thread: The Base Project.

VC Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

The Base Project.

As some of you may know, Base maps almost all hardcoded values from the theme's shellstyle.dll to the msstyles. This way you can have more control over your theme making it easier to make modifications without having to make modifications to the UIFile.

This project is an ongoing community project. The idea is to continuously update Base with code/ideas from other themers that can be done within Shellstyle.dll. As of version 1.0.0 there aren't many changes to be made.

So if you have any suggestions for additions to Base's Shellstyle post them here.

You can download and get more info at https://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/inde ... pic=1507.0
    DeviantArt Accounts: thepanda-x, longhornfusion, lhfarchive, stylehacks

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:

Re: The Base Project.

Welcome to Virtual Customs Panda X, it's great to have someone with your knowledge and experience on the team

This is a great little project you started, one thing you have to remember when using the base style I found out is to copy the base shellstyle.dll to the temp shell folder for testing or windows doesn't like it very much, I really want to start using this allot more as I have found myself editing the UIfile more and more recently to change text colours and content margins, only problem is I am good at making themes just not very good and programing so I don't really understand how I can go from editing the value in the UI file to doing that in the Base Style.

Maybe if you post a little tutorial and some examples of the msstyle taking control of a couple of elements and then it might click on what I need to do, then I can start experimenting and contributing to this great little project.

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

Overlord

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    285 Thread(s)

sounds like a very cool little project you have going on here panda and as grim said the more knowledge about it the more that the builders here could help contribute to your project.

VC Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Thanks for the welcome you guys. I'll write up some tutorials in a bit. Currently working on Foundation (an extension to Base) and playing around with that.

Quote Originally Posted by [url=https://virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?p=40301#p40301
    Mr GRiM » 23 May 2011, 20:23[/url]]copy the base shellstyle.dll to the temp shell folder for testing
    Hopefully that bug will be fixed in WSB 1.6. It's suppose to copy it automatically but it places it in the wrong directory.

In the meantime if you would just like to mess around with the UIFile and see what happens you can read this quick guide on DUI: https://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/inde ... opic=215.0
    Though if you do that make sure you make no typos or Explorer will throw a fit.
    DeviantArt Accounts: thepanda-x, longhornfusion, lhfarchive, stylehacks

The Sci-Fighter

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    434 Thread(s)

Sex:

This is great panda x thank you very much gald to see you here I remember a bit back messing with what u did here some what with mr grim was a bit confusing.

But there is a lot of other edits in files as MR Grim was saying we have been doing and it seems as if this will give u the ability to do these edits in the msstyle itself that would be really great I look forward to keeping an eye out for this project

Thank u

Elite

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)

Sex:

Welcome panda x we are glad to have you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information