Thread: [SOLVED] Start button won't stay changed

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Sex:

[SOLVED] Start button won't stay changed

I just downloaded Grim's Annihilator theme via the 7SP and everything went well. My laptop has a 18.4" inch screen with a 1920x1080 resolution I'm running win7 HP x64. For some reason the default resolution is 125% I guess because of the screen size. When I change the start orb at this resolution it changes and stays just fine. The thing is I don't like running my resolution at 125% all the time. If I put the res at anything less than 125% the start changes for a brief second, but then it just goes back to a blank spot with "menu" written in it. I think that is the default orb or start button for the Annihilator theme. I've tried just about every app or change I can think of and still no luck. I believe this has something to do with the DPI scaling but I can't be sure and that is why I'm here, so if you have an answer to my dilemma I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by gor17981; July 10th, 2012 at 08:16 PM.

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    58 Thread(s)

it has to do with the theme resource changer. you will need to change it in the theme package in the theme folder located in windows/resources or not use resource changer.

HaCkthEplAneT
    delete or move the 3 images (6801,6805,6809) out of C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\ Annihilator\explorer.exe

you will need to restart explorer or log off and back on again for your custom orb to show up

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    58 Thread(s)

much better explanation. I was on the way out the door to pick up my son from work. you will need resource hacker to edit the exe.. you could also ask here and I'm sure one of the guys would do it for you and post explorer.exe for you to download and replace the one in the folder..

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseyWales View Post
    much better explanation. I was on the way out the door to pick up my son from work. you will need resource hacker to edit the exe.. you could also ask here and I'm sure one of the guys would do it for you and post explorer.exe for you to download and replace the one in the folder..
    Actually Josey, Hack The Planet was dead on, but there was only 6805 in the explorer.exe that he designated for me. I already had a custom orb installed at the 125 % DPI so just for fun I moved the #6805 that was in the folder and lowered the SPI to a more suitable 110 and the custom orb stayed whereas before it woould have been gone. You dudes keep on amazing me with your modding knowledge.

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCkthEplAneT View Post
    delete or move the 3 images (6801,6805,6809) out of C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\ Annihilator\explorer.exe

you will need to restart explorer or log off and back on again for your custom orb to show up
    You were 100% right. It was as easy as you said. There was only 6805 in the folder you designated. Don't know where the other 2 were and maybe that was the reason it wouldn't change at a lower DPI, but that's a moot point now because it's right where I want it and perfect. As I said to Josey above, I'm always amazed and grateful to you guys for your expertise.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information