Thread: internet stopped working

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

internet stopped working

just thought i would let you know that my internet connection has been down since monday night, i was tearing my hair out trying to figure it out, been on to my ISP , and we went through alot of things trying to find the problem, so he's coming out today to give me a new router as we thought this was broken, so i decided to look at things i installed and downloaded recently, i was going throught this winboot program which changes your boot screen and discovered that one of the downloaded bootscreens was the cause of this, now that i have reverted back to the normal win bootscreen my internet has come back, so i thought i would just mention caution when using some of these bootscreens, and im now going to look a prat when he comes today

A Supreme God

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    298 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by craggy View Post
    just thought i would let you know that my internet connection has been down since monday night, i was tearing my hair out trying to figure it out, been on to my ISP , and we went through alot of things trying to find the problem, so he's coming out today to give me a new router as we thought this was broken, so i decided to look at things i installed and downloaded recently, i was going throught this winboot program which changes your boot screen and discovered that one of the downloaded bootscreens was the cause of this, now that i have reverted back to the normal win bootscreen my internet has come back, so i thought i would just mention caution when using some of these bootscreens, and im now going to look a prat when he comes today
    It would be nice if you would tell us which bootscreen you had issues with so it can be corrected if there is a problem with it so other members don't have the same issue
    Please Post In English Only
    Don't forget to leave Comments and Rep to the artist if you like or use their artwork.
    Thanks VC Staff

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thanks for the info, glad I have never worries about that 5 second animation now , strange that it could cause your router to stop functioning though.

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

CrazySouthernBoy
    It wouldnt be the Router it would be the Network Cards on the Computer... I had a some what problem with One of your Themes Grim. It wouldnt let me used a program that would only used Local Networking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi, im not sure now what caused that problem although my internet came back when i reverted back to windows original boot screen, guy came and installed a new modem, one with a built in wireless receiver, hate it, keeps dropping out , having endless problems with it, in this day and age you think they would improve things not make them worse. so im on a cable connection with wireles for my other pc's to pick up, and the signal is worse through this modem, piece of S..T.

CrazySouthernBoy
    If you dont used wifi Then just turn it off. Plus Most Modems run on a 2.4Ghz.

Thread Information