Thread: Default Win 7 Task pane not restoring

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Sex:

Default Win 7 Task pane not restoring

I used the Task Pane Changer by Kishan to change the task panes on my windows 7 x64 HP and everything changed ok. I wanted to get my default settings back so I can use a different theme and I didn't want any clashes, so I used the "Restore Bitmaps" at the bottom of the app and for some reason the task panes that I now see are grey. Don't know where my default ones went. I even opened the shell32.dll in Resource Hacker and the Windows 7 default task pane (light blue) is there so why it's not presenting itself on the restore default move is beyond me. Any ideas?

A Supreme God

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    298 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by julio99 View Post
    I used the Task Pane Changer by Kishan to change the task panes on my windows 7 x64 HP and everything changed ok. I wanted to get my default settings back so I can use a different theme and I didn't want any clashes, so I used the "Restore Bitmaps" at the bottom of the app and for some reason the task panes that I now see are grey. Don't know where my default ones went. I even opened the shell32.dll in Resource Hacker and the Windows 7 default task pane (light blue) is there so why it's not presenting itself on the restore default move is beyond me. Any ideas?
    sounds to me like you might want to consider run system file checker and restore your entire system and start fresh with modding your system. You can do this by opening an command prompt and running sfc /scannow this will reset your system and you will need to repatch your files for running themes
    Please Post In English Only
    Don't forget to leave Comments and Rep to the artist if you like or use their artwork.
    Thanks VC Staff

tripleX

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)

Sex:
    As well you can run sfc /scanfile=%windir%\system32\shell32.dll to especially check shell32.dll and reset it to default.

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Big V View Post
    sounds to me like you might want to consider run system file checker and restore your entire system and start fresh with modding your system. You can do this by opening an command prompt and running sfc /scannow this will reset your system and you will need to repatch your files for running themes
    I tried that last night and I can only run the sfc /scannow to 7% and then I get this prompt when it stops that states "Windows resource protection cannot run the requested operation". I tried running chkdsk but that doesn't really help. I have CBS. logfiles from the chkdsk runs but I don't really understand them. I also ran an sfc /verifyonly to see if that would run and it also finished and said I had corrupted files, but that's it.

tripleX

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Have you tried the sfc /scanfile command?

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by XXXxxxXXX View Post
    Have you tried the sfc /scanfile command?
    I just tried that and you have to know the file that's corrupted in order for it to work right I think. All it did was give me a page on the prompt of what the different sfc/ commands do.
    I tried the sfc /scanfile with the shell32 on the end and it ran and said there was no integrity violations and then I tried the full sfc /scannow again and it stopped at 7%.
    Last edited by julio99; December 27th, 2011 at 01:15 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information