Quote Originally Posted by TheTorpedo View Post
I've patched my computer so it can use 3rd party themes and a few themes work, but others don't. For example, I downloaded Harvey Sewdin's "Self Destruct" theme, but when I opened it up and tried to apply it, it just gave me windows aero. Any help would be nice. Thanks!

Also, I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, I'm just hoping someone will know what's wrong.
Hello torpedo,
If you have patched your computer then its ok, the problem isn't with you os. My early themes were made with the older version style builder. The msstyles then gives a error when applying my theme when another theme is applied. (Like when you have MrGrim's ZeroG running and then apply my theme). The theme wont show up correctly as in your case.

To still apply my theme you have to apply the standard aero windows 7 theme, and then apply my theme. This does the trick. Keep apply back and forth if you still don't get it right. I've uploaded a small video how it's done. I tried everything to solve this problem, so my newer themes are made with the new style builder(no bugs).

Hope this helps bud. here's the vid: https://www.mediafire.com/?e87ecc5c85zczli