Thread: Customizing 7 to no end.

Hybrid View

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Customizing 7 to no end.

I have become addicted to customizing windows seven. There are so many programs that are out there that I am still looking for and finding out. It all started when I was watching a video on youtube and saw someone with Mr. Grim's midnight theme. So I started looking into it and ever since then I have been adding many other additions to my PC. I have a video that I took a while ago that I would like to share. Since the video I have been making a few slight changes. Now I mainly use Blade as my theme just because I like to switch it up. I also added animated persona for firefox, standalone stack, and few more rainmeter skins. I plan to make another video and will post it here when I am able to. Many thanks to Mr. Grim and the rest of the VC family that has helped me with this. I still have a few issues that I am working on. One is the horizontal taskpane in the control panel stays white, I can't seem to get the system tray icons to change to black (they are hidden now so I don't have white icons there), and trying to get my wife's account not to be affected by my changes. It looks kind of funny with blade icons and a purple nike theme. I am also downloading a program called Splinter which looks pretty awesome... https://windows7forums.com/windows-7-...ustomizer.html
    So here is the link to my old vid. If you have any questions about one of the programs or anything feel free to post or pm me. These little tricks and eye candies just help to finish off a PC that is worth showing off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyLcpeioCT8

Skilled

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thats one busy desktop right there, must have taken some time to put it all together . Im guessing you dont play games on that computer though .

That Splinter looks interesting, some fun stuff you can do with that . Be interesting to see how developement goes with it and what they intend to do with it. I could actually see some bigger companys using that to advertise things maybe games movies or even just products with interactive desktops.
    --John Day--

Spli-Savage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Hi, JohnDay. EXACTLY. Haha! So happy you can see it. I believe Splinter to be the only viable solution for effective and user initiated desktop advertising. I see no other way for it to work unless it is done the way Splinter allows. It HAS to be initiated by the end user and therefore HAS to be appealing to them.

With Splinter's ease of creation and use, companies are able to make very simple, yet effective, "splads" within splinterfaces that are not related to the advertiser. Plus, a "Ford Edition", or "Marvel Edition", etc, is how I have imagined it from the beginning, 3 years and 15 thousand hours ago.

Thanks for the praise!!! Ever need anything , holler.

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Mordax, fantastic desktop.
    Last edited by 2635599; May 26th, 2013 at 11:54 AM.

Skilled

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It kinda reminded me of the hidden object games my wife is fond of, im guessing the idea for it is loosely based on that, atleast the interface for creating the desktops. I dont know im just summising really, i always wondered how they managed to create so many of them in such a short space of time and now i get how they could atleast.

Even so its an interesting concept that a company could create a game/interactive desktop of sorts and advertise within the game, easily and cheaply. I know there is advertising in games and movies already but only really big budget games and movies. Still good luck with the project.
    --John Day--

Spli-Savage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDay View Post
    It kinda reminded me of the hidden object games my wife is fond of, im guessing the idea for it is loosely based on that, atleast the interface for creating the desktops. I dont know im just summising really, i always wondered how they managed to create so many of them in such a short space of time and now i get how they could atleast.

Even so its an interesting concept that a company could create a game/interactive desktop of sorts and advertise within the game, easily and cheaply. I know there is advertising in games and movies already but only really big budget games and movies. Still good luck with the project.

Hi. Actually, way off, sorry. And no "company". Me and one person I hired halfway through the process. Splinter is ONE HUNDRED % designed for UTILITARIAN purposes and NOTHING else. But it is the simple utilitarian functions linked together in new ways that allows all the cool stuff to now happen.

Splinter allows for the access/storing/linking to/displaying/etc of more "data"/media/information/etc than any other app on Earth. Please see the image below for just a TINY fraction of what it is capable of accessing.

Here is a link to Addition Edition Splinter Promo vid and my blog which has more resources. I MUST emphasize that Splinter is "the same" as "rocketdock", objectdock, macdock, nexus dock, circle dock, etc, except that it is completely free from restriction of icon placement and animation and allows for the wallpaper to be turned INTO the actual "dock", or canvass for the splicons, like a stage for the actors.

It is also a stack docklet, wallpaper flipper, visual style editor, and a file launcher. All blended together and linked with each other in new ways that give it new abilities.

Splinter Blog
    https://spli-stuff.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information