Thread: Customizing 7 to no end.

Spli-Savage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDay View Post
    It kinda reminded me of the hidden object games my wife is fond of, im guessing the idea for it is loosely based on that, atleast the interface for creating the desktops. I dont know im just summising really, i always wondered how they managed to create so many of them in such a short space of time and now i get how they could atleast.

Even so its an interesting concept that a company could create a game/interactive desktop of sorts and advertise within the game, easily and cheaply. I know there is advertising in games and movies already but only really big budget games and movies. Still good luck with the project.

Hi. Actually, way off, sorry. And no "company". Me and one person I hired halfway through the process. Splinter is ONE HUNDRED % designed for UTILITARIAN purposes and NOTHING else. But it is the simple utilitarian functions linked together in new ways that allows all the cool stuff to now happen.

Splinter allows for the access/storing/linking to/displaying/etc of more "data"/media/information/etc than any other app on Earth. Please see the image below for just a TINY fraction of what it is capable of accessing.

Here is a link to Addition Edition Splinter Promo vid and my blog which has more resources. I MUST emphasize that Splinter is "the same" as "rocketdock", objectdock, macdock, nexus dock, circle dock, etc, except that it is completely free from restriction of icon placement and animation and allows for the wallpaper to be turned INTO the actual "dock", or canvass for the splicons, like a stage for the actors.

It is also a stack docklet, wallpaper flipper, visual style editor, and a file launcher. All blended together and linked with each other in new ways that give it new abilities.

Splinter Blog
    https://spli-stuff.blogspot.com

A Supreme God

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    298 Thread(s)

Sex:
    You say that it function like the docks do but without the limitation so is this kinda like a rainmeter type application?
    And my next question is how heavy is it on your ram?
    Please Post In English Only
    Don't forget to leave Comments and Rep to the artist if you like or use their artwork.
    Thanks VC Staff

Spli-Savage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Oops. Delete me, please
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by deema; August 29th, 2012 at 01:12 AM.

Skilled

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sorry i didnt mean you as a company i mean lets say for example large corporations such as coca cola could just as easily get a hold of this and make free to play games/interfaces for people to use and for them to get some good advertising out of it. I dont know im just thinking out loud i guess. Im not even sure what the legal ramifications would be for that to happen or even if it would be possible, but that was my initial thought. I mean, it could even make for some fun/interesting board meetings quite fun presentations, Instead of the old board and graphs . Going a little overboard but you get the principle of course.

Even for the computer enthusiast who loves to customize its still a great idea. I can see there being lots of ways for people to have fun with this. Im certainly going to look more closely at it.
    --John Day--

Spli-Savage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDay View Post
    Sorry i didnt mean you as a company i mean lets say for example large corporations such as coca cola could just as easily get a hold of this and make free to play games/interfaces for people to use and for them to get some good advertising out of it. I dont know im just thinking out loud i guess. Im not even sure what the legal ramifications would be for that to happen or even if it would be possible, but that was my initial thought. I mean, it could even make for some fun/interesting board meetings quite fun presentations, Instead of the old board and graphs . Going a little overboard but you get the principle of course.

Even for the computer enthusiast who loves to customize its still a great idea. I can see there being lots of ways for people to have fun with this. Im certainly going to look more closely at it.
    Thanks so much. Yes, i love the way you are thinking. The legal ramifications for any company that makes a commercial splinterface without a license will be copyright infringement. 100% free for the end user and for "solo" artists and such. Corporate world must license. Any "company" must license (not sure how to distinguish from 'solo" and "company" yet, but it will get figured out by smarter people than me.)

A Supreme God

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    298 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thanks for the info deema
    and ya what john just said
    I'm gonna be looking into it also
    Please Post In English Only
    Don't forget to leave Comments and Rep to the artist if you like or use their artwork.
    Thanks VC Staff

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information