Thread: How you keep computer clean and fast

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)

Sex:

Lightbulb How you keep computer clean and fast

Hey everyone I seen some post about program people use or prefer so ima create this post about how you keep your computer clean and fast.

What programs do you use for firewall/anti-virus?
    What program do you use to scan you computer for
    ANY type of errors?
    How often do you run it?
    And last but not least... Why do you choose the software you?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I use AVG 2012 internet security for my firewall/anti-virus.
    I use advance system care Version 5.3 Pro Version.
    I run this scan about once a week. It cleans everything. And has other type of scans included like(smart defrag)
    I choose these software because im familar with it. I know how to use it. ANd it does what i paid for without any problem

p.s.
    If this isnt a good post moderators may remove it.. I didn see anything about not posting this kind of stuff.

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    eset smart security 5.2.9.1 - realtime scanner disabled, scan everything as i download it, c auto-scanned sunday at 12:30am(desktop is skipped).
    malwarebytes 1.62.0.1300 - realtime scanner disabled, scan everything as i download it, c auto-scanned saturday at 12:30am(desktop skipped).
    ccleaner current version run 3 to 4 times a day.
    winpatrol 25.0.2015.5 - mostly used for startup items.
    advanced uninstaller 10.63
    registry help pro 1.80
    defragger o&o drfrag 15.5 - run only on c and only once a month.
    Last edited by 2635599; July 21st, 2012 at 01:44 PM.

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckysChild View Post
    eset smart security 5.2.9.1 - realtime scanner disabled, scan everything as i download it, c auto-scanned sunday at 12:30am(desktop is skipped).
    malwarebytes 1.62.0.1300 - realtime scanner disabled, scan everything as i download it, c auto-scanned saturday at 12:30am(desktop skipped).
    ccleaner current version run 3 to 4 times a day.
    winpatrol 25.0.2015.5 - mostly used for startup items.
    advanced uninstaller 10.63
    registry help pro 1.80
    Very nice programs. I tried 2 of them and didnt like. But they have some good features.

The Sci-Fighter

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    434 Thread(s)

Sex:
    AntiVirus - Bit defender 2011, I have used Bit Defender for over 6 or 7 years now and I have tired pretty much every AV out there I prefer the 2011 version over 2012 cause 2011 you have the advanced option controls so I can tweak it just how I like it. I run with realtime protection disabled myself and just scan everything I dl first to make sure it's clean Bit defender has all the goodies maleware scanner, firewall, computer cleaning tools, antispam, chat messenger encryptions parental controls if you need identity protection, modes for desktop, labtop, game using modes, vulnerability checks for windows basically has it all

Cleaning wise for the registry I have used for the last 4 years cleanmypc registry cleaner because it is by far the only true x64 reg cleaner I have ever run across many others say they are but delete registry entries that they should not cause they are not true x64 cleaners and that could cause system errors, I also use ccleaner for junk files again a non intrusive cleaner that will not delete any files by msitake leading to system errors.

The final product would be O & O defrag pro I have again here used pretty much every defragger out there and this one has met my personal specs and far exceeded them

Cyberfox Developer

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    216 Thread(s)

Sex:
    AV/Firewall 100% Bit-defender For life The No1 AV/Firewall That No Others Are Able To Surpass I Use 2012 cuz im lazy but will got back to 2011 version next format.

i Choose Bit-defender becuase its the best on the market and its the most popular Net Defender for websites also.

Reg/Junk Killers i use glary's Pro never had issues with it on x64bit and its function and feature are the best out of all i have used also i run custom script to remove windows cookies & internet cookies and clear all windows temp caches.

De-frag yeah i lack in that department but my boot times are fast even with all the adobe bloat and other junk so i don't de-frag often. tho my system gets formatted nearly once a month so that's also another reason i don't de-frag.

new sigpic coming
    Fear Shall Not Be My Enemy, Fear Shall Be My Friend, & Together We Shall Strike Courage In To The Heart Of The Fearful.
    A programmer is only a tool which converts caffeine into code
    " Insurrection Is The Most Sacred Of The Rights And The Most Indispensable Of Duties. "

A Supreme God

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    298 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Bitdefender 2011 for antivirus it the best

cleanmypc & ccleaner same as razorsedge

And Puran Defrag it has a very nice bootime defrag and diskcheck option plus after it defrags it goes back over the data and fills any gaps for faster data access. I run it whenever my systems seems to be slowing a bit
    Please Post In English Only
    Don't forget to leave Comments and Rep to the artist if you like or use their artwork.
    Thanks VC Staff

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information