Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:

Width issue for common image file

Hello all

Found myself inspired to modify the windows 7 start menu graphics over the course of the last few days. Have met with reasonable success (after some frustrations).

Have found this site to be an excellent reasource thus far but im hoping fellow modders might be able to help take me one step further.

The "Logoffextended" image (as its knows in windows style builder) or simply image 805.png of the aero theme is shared between the search mode and flyout menu mode which are both different widths. If i was using a solid colour or even a simple gradient it wouldnt be a problem but my back ground image is more complex than that and ends up being stretched. honestly it could be lived with but its just not polished.

I have attached a few pics further describing my quandary. i have Restorator and Windows style builder and am using gimp to modify the images.

As a potential solution to this issue im seeking either to set it so there are two separate images (not sure how possible that is..) or to adjust the width of either the flyout menu or the search menu to compensate for the difference between them. basically to make the two widths the same. Any ideas?

Attachment 58457Attachment 58458Attachment 58459

Thanks in advance.

WP

The Sci-Fighter

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    434 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by WhateverPaper View Post
    Hello all

Found myself inspired to modify the windows 7 start menu graphics over the course of the last few days. Have met with reasonable success (after some frustrations).

Have found this site to be an excellent reasource thus far but im hoping fellow modders might be able to help take me one step further.

The "Logoffextended" image (as its knows in windows style builder) or simply image 805.png of the aero theme is shared between the search mode and flyout menu mode which are both different widths. If i was using a solid colour or even a simple gradient it wouldnt be a problem but my back ground image is more complex than that and ends up being stretched. honestly it could be lived with but its just not polished.

I have attached a few pics further describing my quandary. i have Restorator and Windows style builder and am using gimp to modify the images.

As a potential solution to this issue im seeking either to set it so there are two separate images (not sure how possible that is..) or to adjust the width of either the flyout menu or the search menu to compensate for the difference between them. basically to make the two widths the same. Any ideas?

Attachment 58457Attachment 58458Attachment 58459

Thanks in advance.

WP
    Hey bud

Easiest way to deal with this issue is to copy the properties over from the regular part of the panel to the extended part such as:

Copy the properties in here : Start Menu > Panels > Aero > Top > Places List > Places List

and replace the properties in here with those : Start Menu > Panels > Aero > Top > Places List > Places List Extended

this way the menu will not get bigger or stretch your picture at all it will remain the same size in both regular and extended

edit: should add that you can do that in the other spots as well where you have regular and extended peices of the menu so they dont stretch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thanks heaps man.

+rep

The Sci-Fighter

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    434 Thread(s)