Thread: OEMs Introduce Innovative New PC Designs for Windows 8

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:

OEMs Introduce Innovative New PC Designs for Windows 8

Hi, I’m Nick Parker and I lead the OEM Division at Microsoft.
    Many of our partners are making announcements this week at IFA so it’s a good time to showcase some of the amazing hardware innovation coming to market with Windows 8.
    IFA is one of the world’s largest consumer electronics trade shows and attracts upward of 150,000 people in Berlin each year. It’s great to see the buzz and excitement for the new products being announced, especially in the PC space.
    The industry is building momentum for Windows 8, and the level of hardware innovation from components and hinges to ultrathin designs and beautiful touch displays is impressive. Customers will benefit from very rich and immersive experiences made possible by the combination of the incredible new Windows PCs and tablets running Windows 8 or Windows RT along with cloud services. With devices that range from tablets and hybrids to more familiar notebooks and all-in-ones on display at the IFA conference, it is clear that consumers will have a broad range of PC choices when Windows 8 launches.

Versatility is a key theme we’re seeing with Windows PCs, allowing consumers to use the devices in a variety of ways. This is what we mean by no compromises. The new line of “transformer” PCs from ASUS, such as the ASUS Vivo Tab RT, is a good example of tablets that run the Windows RT operating system powered by ARM processors and provide an easy docking setup that makes it a snap to go from the office to the coffee shop. Also powered by Windows RT, the Dell XPS 10 brings productivity, a mobile keyboard dock with long battery life, and support for enterprise applications to business users.

Read more

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

Cyberfox Developer

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    216 Thread(s)

Sex:
    it dont matter how cheap they sell win 8 hell they are tring to give it away for free almost its crap worst ever os since vista
    new sigpic coming
    Fear Shall Not Be My Enemy, Fear Shall Be My Friend, & Together We Shall Strike Courage In To The Heart Of The Fearful.
    A programmer is only a tool which converts caffeine into code
    " Insurrection Is The Most Sacred Of The Rights And The Most Indispensable Of Duties. "

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadyshadow101 View Post
    it dont matter how cheap they sell win 8 hell they are tring to give it away for free almost its crap worst ever os since vista
    Yeah Windows 8 may be crap for a desktop but at least it's pushing OEM's to innovate some new products, I was getting pretty bored of seeing the same old crap for so many years, I am looking forward to see what change will happen in the next few years, looks like there will be some very interesting tech advances in 3D motion detection (Leap) as well so that will be another competitor to touch, I want to live in a world like we see on the Iron man movies where you can operate from anywhere in the room inside a holographic environment, I don't think that's too big of an ask is it

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

Elite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I hear ya man!---
    I like the idea of hologram computers too, or at least a computer that you can roll up like a thin sheet of film or something....
    Not too much to ask, no way. Plus they're already perfecting these technologies as we type.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr GRiM View Post
    .....I want to live in a world like we see on the Iron man movies where you can operate from anywhere in the room inside a holographic environment, I don't think that's too big of an ask is it

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Sex:
    windows 8 is good! it's just like 7 but with more stuff, some of witch i dont need, but will be their if i choose..and that is good.
    i have been a 7 die hard....but now that the themeing has started im falling in love with 8, my advise to anyone with 8 is to put down
    the mouse and learn the hot keys and cmd .....then it is all good.....this site Rock's thanks

Elite

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    338 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I am a diehard windows 7 fan also....! I have not tried 8 yet but, don't know if I want too! The concept does sound great though....I agree with Mr.Grim and YN1F! Thanks for the info

SIG & AVATAR BY: CYBACREEP
    Thank You....I'll wear it with pride

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information