Hey guys, long time no mod. So I figured that I could do with a PSU shroud for my Adelaide.

I've seen a lot of different shrouds and designs so I wanted to make something a little more hard to come by. Out of all the PSU shrouds I've seen the ones I've least of are the ones with letters or logos cut out of them and having light shining through. So I thought I would go with this.

Now I am working on 2 different shrouds ATM. My first one is a 1st attempt at it to see if I can do it right. It will go over the cables of a Corsair GS600 PSU. I am making 2 of them because I have plans on getting an XFX 1000W 80Plus Platinum PSU. So when I get that I will have to make another with different Dimensions to fit that one proper.

Alright I wanted to make a PSU shroud that would be functional but if I wanted to show off I could take off my side panel and wow people with how awesome it looks.

So here are some pics of my Prototype version:

This is the early size test to see if it worked out. Now the problem with this one is that it will cover the PSU perfectly. However, if I put my side panel on it then it won't fit. It would be too large to allow my 2 side 120MM fans to fit right and keep airflow at all. So I have to resize.
The nice part about this prototype is that I learned how much space I had to put between the nuts and bolts in order to get the optimal light through the gap. That way when I turn the lights on the letters will light up bright and green to match the case theme.

So after some practice with a dremel tool and that plastic stuff, I decided to tackle on actual metal. I chose a piece of rusty sheet metal my dad had lying around before trying out my nice aluminum or steel I had for the actual final product.

Alright everything went well and my hands were numb because I was outside in the cold doing the cutting and I wasn't comfy. After bending the sheet metal by using 2 clamps and 2 planks of wood to keep it still and even I put it in my case (after washing off all the metal dust with water and a magnet). The results were...less than desired.

My shroud was still too big. I messed up my measurements and made it a little too big in the top section so now it will still cover up the area my fans need to go if I want to keep airflow (you have to admit it still looks pretty).
So now that I know what I really need to do, later on some other time I will go back and clamp it down to cut an inch off the top section to make it just a bit smaller than the PSU so it won't bother my fans. this is gonna be a simple version of my future model. I can't put the 2 120mm fans on the top like I want to do because the cables on bottom will touch the fans. And I can't do the NZXT cutout either because it won't have room for the green LED fixtures I ordered. So I have to wait until I save up a little cash for the Platinum XFX modular one I want.

Then I can do the full model and maybe even a larger "show" version that WILL cover the entire PSU and the sides. That way I can put 2 large fans on top with the NZXT cutout on the side. But it would be saved for shows or something if I wee to ever go to one.

So to conclude this post I have these items on the way:

X2 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00
X1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00
X1 (for a gameboy mod in the future) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i01

and I bought a bunch of stuff locally to build this thing up along with some other projects I am gonna work on. But for now I do schoolwork. Robotic Engineering Tech calls!