Hybrid View

Super Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    571 Thread(s)

Sex:

Need Some Help Please?

I would like to know How the Sizing Margins work For Rocket Dock Skins. I have messed with them and played with them to make them work. But I do not fully understand how they work. If someone could help me with this. That would be greatly appreciated.

The Sci-Fighter

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    434 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by ONE MAN ARMY View Post
    I would like to know How the Sizing Margins work For Rocket Dock Skins. I have messed with them and played with them to make them work. But I do not fully understand how they work. If someone could help me with this. That would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Bud

It's pretty well the same as wsb with rocket dock I will give u a general config from the last skin I did here for example.

Name = Requiem Top

Code:
    [Background]
    Image        = bg.png
    LeftMargin   = 227
    TopMargin    = 0
    RightMargin  = 227
    BottomMargin = 0
    Outside-LeftMargin   = 55
    Outside-TopMargin    = 20
    Outside-RightMargin  = 55
    Outside-BottomMargin = 24

the first 4 there are just like wsb

LeftMargin = 227 --- this would be for the left side margin how many pixels you want to keep the left side as before it starts to stretch the image
    TopMargin = 0 --- this would be for the top margin how many pixels you want to keep the top as before it starts to stretch the image
    RightMargin = 227--- this would be for the right side margin how many pixels you want to keep the right side as before it starts to stretch the image
    BottomMargin = 0 --- this would be for the bottom margin how many pixels you want to keep the bottom as before it starts to stretch the image

these next 4 have to do with the icon placement inside the dock skin

Outside-LeftMargin = 55 --- how many pixels you want the icons to start displaying from the left edge of the dock skin
    Outside-TopMargin = 20 --- how many pixels you want the icons to start displaying from the top of the dock skin
    Outside-RightMargin = 55 --- how many pixels you want the icons to start displaying from the right edge of the dock skin
    Outside-BottomMargin = 24 --- how many pixels you want the icons to start displaying from the bottom of the dock skin

Super Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    571 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thanks Razor. You are the man. I have made several docks but just never really understood the margins. I knew the first 4 were like wsb. but that last ones messed me up for some reason. Thanks I understand Fully.

The Sci-Fighter

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    434 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by ONE MAN ARMY View Post
    Thanks Razor. You are the man. I have made several docks but just never really understood the margins. I knew the first 4 were like wsb. but that last ones messed me up for some reason. Thanks I understand Fully.
    no prob bud don't worry I make docks all the time and still have to screw with the margins half the time for a bit to get stuff right

Super Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    571 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Ya I spent a good hour figuring it all out. I could always get them to work eventually. I just never understood the margins. But now I get it. Thanks. I am working on a Dock pack for all to have. Thanks again Razor.

Thread Information