Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Those that have switched to windows 8 don't get too comfortable Winodws Blue coming

The Sci-Fighter

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    434 Thread(s)

Sex:

Those that have switched to windows 8 don't get too comfortable Winodws Blue coming

Hi all

Well I thought it was a good time to make a report on this for microsofts new release schedule for os's is going though a big change.

Seems MS is grabbing some pointers from apples playbook and will be releasing a new os on a yearly basis from now on so be expecting a new os every year. Starting with this year when the upcoming Windows BLUE or if you like Windows 9 will be released by mid 2013.

If anyone has heard the rumblings or been keeping up with the microsoft tech blogs Windows Blue will be an even more dumbed down version of windows 8 with aero completly removed, Windows Blue essentially Windows 8 SP1 being released later this year will apparently be even more neutered, with a solid taskbar, even flatter less attractive interface elements. All this in order to more push the windows store as that is where ms most likely intend to start making it's money from rather then the os itself.

So there is a lot of drastic changes coming in the near future but not ones I would call myself great improvements here are some good articles below for more reading

https://www.extremetech.com/computing...rsion-of-metro

https://www.theverge.com/2012/11/28/3...pdate-low-cost

https://www.pcworld.com/article/20174...windows-8.html

Added to this is microsofts rampant take down of pirate copies of their os which is the reason behind why the pricing will be much cheaper on future versions as microsoft has said that users will find with any pirated copies of any of the new os's starting with Windows Blue users will find the microsoft windows store inaccessible.

As this would seem that a lot of the customization that has been worked on out there for the current windows 8 will not work for their new os's with even more code removed and the new flatter interface reports say that microsoft is really pushing and going to stick with the Metro UI and will be doing whatever it takes to get ppl to use it

Cyberfox Developer

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    216 Thread(s)

Sex:
    well looks like i will be hanging onto windows 7 like people still do with win XP

if they try and force that crap onto me i will switch to Linux after i clean the dust off of it that is.

this will be yet another huge blow to software developers as they are hating windows 8 and the app store based software quite a few big company's are starting up a development plan for Linux so we will start to see more of our fave apps making the jump.

my thought on win 8 and the direction MS is heading is for the user's to stand up and say if you keep trying to release and force win 8 and win 8 style os on desktop user's we wont buy your products.
    as they wont keep making that os if no ones silly enough to buy it.
    hit them hard where it will hurt the most there wallet if they make no profit only losses then that will scrap it fast.
    new sigpic coming
    Fear Shall Not Be My Enemy, Fear Shall Be My Friend, & Together We Shall Strike Courage In To The Heart Of The Fearful.
    A programmer is only a tool which converts caffeine into code
    " Insurrection Is The Most Sacred Of The Rights And The Most Indispensable Of Duties. "

The Sci-Fighter

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    434 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadyshadow101 View Post
    well looks like i will be hanging onto windows 7 like people still do with win XP

if they try and force that crap onto me i will switch to Linux after i clean the dust off of it that is.

this will be yet another huge blow to software developers as they are hating windows 8 and the app store based software quite a few big company's are starting up a development plan for Linux so we will start to see more of our fave apps making the jump.

my thought on win 8 and the direction MS is heading is for the user's to stand up and say if you keep trying to release and force win 8 and win 8 style os on desktop user's we wont buy your products.
    as they wont keep making that os if no ones silly enough to buy it.
    hit them hard where it will hurt the most there wallet if they make no profit only losses then that will scrap it fast.
    Actually thats right too Toady that was also something I was reading about that apps designed for windows 8 have to be redesigned for the new windows Blue

Then having a new os each year I am sure software developers are not happy welcome to the world of linux you got googles os coming soon based off linux I even saw firefox is doing it's own version of an os now also based off linux looks like a lot of companies are getting pissed at windows

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Well I never loved MS but now I don't even know if I like them, seems all they keep doing is removing features and making it less enjoyable to use, doesn't matter how good the modern apps are, if the OS is butt ugly then people are not going to want to use it.

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

A Supreme God

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    298 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I'll stick with 7 till it no longer works anymore if this is all MS can come up with for an OS.
    It's totally not desktop user friendly at all. It might be a different story if I was using it on a phone or touch screen tablet, but as a desktop user it's a totally worthless OS to me.
    I still have not figured out for the life of me why everyone is so gungho to jump on the 8 bandwagon, it totally ugly and all the hassle of having to have this app or that app to get it hack back to a useable os is nuts in my opinion. Then i see everyone complaining about having to rehack everything each time MS does an update would be another complete hassle i don't need or want.
    Please Post In English Only
    Don't forget to leave Comments and Rep to the artist if you like or use their artwork.
    Thanks VC Staff

The Sci-Fighter

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    434 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr GRiM View Post
    Well I never loved MS but now I don't even know if I like them, seems all they keep doing is removing features and making it less enjoyable to use, doesn't matter how good the modern apps are, if the OS is butt ugly then people are not going to want to use it.
    one thing I did read in the articles is that Windows blue will be more customizable but.... and u know there is always a but only more customizable on metro design thats a big but

You will be able to change the colors of things and such a little more but in that lastest 2d windows 98 design mode of metro ui only

I have to find the article again from the tech guy I was reading earlier in the week where he had insider info about how much windows blue was gutted compared to win 8 Microsoft really wants to get money from their store and make sure the os is easily able to cross platform with tablets and phones with the exact same identical look of flat 2 d shapes and styles because phones and tablets can't handle the aero so they want it to be all the same, I mean seriously whats the point of powerful computers then or high end graphics cards that whole 4 mbs of ram u sacrifice for aero

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information