A few weeks to a month ago I was a victim of a drive by malware attack and I picked up the about:blank malware, if you've ever had it before you know what a pain in the ass it is to get rid of, you almost might as well reformat and reinstall, if you've never had it before believe me you don't want it. I don't think that I have tried an antivirus program or malware program that recognizes this malware yet. So to my friend Razorsedge THIS is the malware I was speaking of in another post that Bitdefender 2013 let in my system.

I searched the web tried everyone's suggestions, tried maleware software that "supposedly" cleans this malware ..... nothing worked. about:blank always found a way to replicate itself and come back, then about a week ago I found AdwCleaner by Xplode, I ran the program once, it detected the both the malware's folders in explorer and registry entries and deleted them. I have heard hide nor hare from about:blank since.

I am going to tell you this little stand alone program has been put in my security toolbox !

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode here for free: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/