Thread: linux themes

Hybrid View

VC Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

linux themes

i am personally a windows person, but i have been trying linux out lately and have found it to be just as powerful and much less resource hungry than windows. it is also a very nice and easy OS. i was just wondering if anyone would try tackling a theme or two for linux

Elite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I agree with you on the point that it would be nice if one of the theming-greats here would tackle a theme for Linux!
    I wish I was a little smarter, I would have switched a long time ago. But the few times I have tried Linux, I was just lost.
    Couldn't even open a simple file with it....

VC Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

LOL it is pretty easy to get lost in the beginning if youre not to skilled with computers. and by that i mean knowing code and how the code works. it wasnt as hard for me to get into it because i am currently in college for computer engineering. the only thing for me though is that im not that creative, but i know how to use many editing programs , but if anyone is willing to give it go i can provide the different files required so you can git it a try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I am a little disapointed that this thread got so little attention. I would love to seem some of the truly skilled theme crafters here tackle a Linux theme. There are a lot of things to consider with creating themes for linux however. You have a choice between a number of different windows managers and desktop environments to choose from and after messing around with simply installing themes on linux it would be difficult to create a theme that could be applied acoross even more than just one of the combinations. I suppose a theme maker could choose a popular disto and the most popular environment / windows manager and just focus effort there but it would still be questionable.

Themes have actually gottem a bit more difficult to apply in newer versions of the OS, I used to use PC Linux and you could customize the you know what out of that combination. Now I am running Mint 15/16 and love the OS. Smooth, snappy and smart. Themes are still a pain though, you can install thems for Cinnamon and Nemo but they are not tied together and each must be themed and applied sepately.

English Lady

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    213 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I did away with Windows after trying Windows 10 TP .. same old thing .. I now use Linux Zorin 9 OS and its not that hard to learn in fact its great fun !, my 3 on line desktops are all Linux now and I wont be going back to Windows, Zorin looks good as default but I do hope some of the great artists here at VC may come up with themes of Linux

VC Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    thanks for sharing

"The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information