Hybrid View

The Sci-Fighter

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    434 Thread(s)

Sex:

All Links fixed again :)

All my themes extras and icon packs have be reupped to 4shared.

4shared requires you to create an account to dl items but its free to use and is the only host that won't remove your files after 30-60 days.

enjoy everyone

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Thanks Tucker, VC is also free and doesn't remove your files after 60 days

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

Cyberfox Developer

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    216 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr GRiM View Post
    Thanks Tucker, VC is also free and doesn't remove your files after 60 days
    i have unlimited bandwidth but been on a grid hosting and his themes using 1tb bandwidth in 14 days was causing issues on my server. my hsp had the cheek to tell my to upgrade to high end dedicated server @ $179 per month for a half descent package.

i was at them because the money i already paid for my current plan.

new sigpic coming
    Fear Shall Not Be My Enemy, Fear Shall Be My Friend, & Together We Shall Strike Courage In To The Heart Of The Fearful.
    A programmer is only a tool which converts caffeine into code
    " Insurrection Is The Most Sacred Of The Rights And The Most Indispensable Of Duties. "

Elite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Attachment 63087

OMG!---Man, the 4shared site wants me to sign-up to download the file?! And/or use some retarded 'download helper', full of addware?!!!
    C'mon Tucker! Why don't you just keep your stuff on the VC server, like Grim hinted at????

Well, I wanted Rockstar Orange, but I don't want to sign up on yet another site to get it, and certainly don't want any crap-ware. No offense bud, but this bites.

Quote Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
    All my themes extras and icon packs have be reupped to 4shared.

4shared requires you to create an account to dl items but its free to use and is the only host that won't remove your files after 30-60 days.

enjoy everyone
    Last edited by YourNumbr1Fan; June 2nd, 2013 at 08:04 AM.

The Sci-Fighter

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    434 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by YourNumbr1Fan View Post
    Attachment 63087

OMG!---Man, the 4shared site wants me to sign-up to download the file?! And/or use some retarded 'download helper', full of addware?!!!
    C'mon Tucker! Why don't you just keep your stuff on the VC server, like Grim hinted at????

Well, I wanted Rockstar Orange, but I don't want to sign up on yet another site to get it, and certainly don't want any crap-ware. No offense bud, but this bites.

Let's start with first off I host my files off site to avoid the strain on vc's server the amount of downloads my files get would put a lot of strain on vc's server slowing the site down for everyone thats why most of us host our files on other sites less strain on vc's server and the site remains quick and responsive for everyone.

Case and point here Toady offering me to host my files on his cyberfox site his site has a huge package and thanks to my files being there his site was not even able to give ppl the one file he hosts there for download his browser people trying to download it could never get it would just stop in mid download and restart and keep doing that over and over and his site was very slow and un responsive. He contacted his hosting company and they informed him that the amount of downloads he was having off his site was causing the issue so I asked him to move my files offline and see what happens as soon as he did that his site had 0 problems.

By the amount of comments I get on here and vc it may not seem as thought my themes are downloaded a lot but its quite the reverse prometheus alone has already hit over 1 million downloads the strain they would put in the site here is what I don't want.

4shared offered the best services of all the free hosting sites I looked at now first off there is no requirement to download an application thats filled with malware to install on your computer to download files from their site. The reason you are getting that app as a download instead of the files is as you stated you did not create a free account which takes just one min of time and requires nothing from you.

That is not a stretch to ask I could go back to hosting on mediafire and have them block my files after so many downloads and ask you to pay for a premium account to be able to download them even though I reach their terms of service with no issues this problem was encountered over and over again and I recieved many complaints because of it.

All other free hosting sites will only hold your files for 30 - 60 days max if it goes a mth without a download then its deleted and I do not want to have to be reupping files every few mths if this was to happen say for older themes that are not downloaded as much when all of a sudden we get a new member or someone that has not gotten them before wants it and the link is down.

So the choice is that or 4shared only asking you to sign up for a free account which is very simple easy for a good hosting site and they don't delete your files I have been downloading files and using 4shared for years without issue its a fast free service and the only one out there at the moment that meets my needs.

So really not to be an ass about this but for all the time and effort I spend doing these themes to give them out for free without causing any issues for the site having ppl take 1 min to sign up for a free account that you only have to do once so you can download any of my files you like at anytime for free with great speeds and the links always being available is really not much to ask for. Signing up gives me nothing it's just what they require I looked at every free host and for what they offer it's not worth it and would cause me more hassles to keep files online.

Elite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Bud, I meant no disrespect at all, and I do understand where you're coming from. It's just that I am signed-up on so many sites, and hate to fool with signing on to any more of them. But.....I may just sign-up there to access your themes, regardless, because there are several I want to add back to my collection.

Sorry for seeming outraged; I wasn't. I was just disappointed that I was required to sign up to this site, 4shared. But, if they keep your files forever, I suppose it is a pretty good deal after all.

Peace bro!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information