Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:

Aero Glass for Win 8 RC4

Aero Glass for Win8 RC2 Brought to you by Big Muscle
    Hello,

maybe somebody will be interested in my small project. Therefore, I am sharing the first information about it. I have managed to reimplement Aero Glass function into Windows 8 Desktop Window Manager.

How does it work?
    I have developed DLL library in C++ which is injected into dwm.exe process (no system files replacement is required). Then, the functions used for window border drawing are hooked with my own implementation. This ensures that anytime DWM wants to draw the window border, the code is redirected into my library where I change the drawing parameters and redirect back to the original drawing function. Transparent window border wih blur effect is drawn!

Is it completely new implementation?
    Just a partially. Since a lot of Aero Glass resources is still present in Win8, I'm trying to reuse them as much as possible. The blur effect is implemented completely in Direct3D with using of native shaders and system settings. With some small exceptions, I just call the same commands as they would be called by Windows itself (e.g. in Win7 or Win8 RP).

The problem lies in loading library into memory, because - for correct function - it has to be loaded together with DWM process but before creation of its internal objects. Currently, the method of DLL injection via AppInit_DLLs registry key is used but it is not supported when UEFI secure boot is enabled.

DOWNLOAD LINK @ BERLIOS.DE

--> installer will be available with final release, now only manual script available
    --> registry script is attached in the archive but you must manually edit the file to point to the location where you extract DLL file
    --> the glass will automatically load at Windows startup
    --> if your computer won't boot up for some reason (glass failure), hold CTRL key during DWM loading and no procedure will be installed into memory
    --> if you use custom theme which has hardcoded fully opaque borders, the effect won't be visible
    --> if there is any bug and DWM crashes, it will generate minidump file in the folder where you extracted DLL to and you should upload this minidump file to allow the bug to be fixed

--> THIS IS THE TEST VERSION, THUS IT LIMITS ITS REGULAR USAGE BY DISPLAYING WARNING MESSAGE PERIODICALLY. DO NOT ASK HOW TO REMOVE THIS MESSAGE !!!

--> THIS IS THE TESTING VERSION INTENDED FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY, IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS THEN YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE !!!

I hope you will like it :-)

Follow the developer here https://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?...ttach_id=35963

Other tools you may want:

AGTweaker v1.3.2 https://www.msfn.org/board/topic/1620...for-win8-v132/

Updated 07/07/2013 Aero Glass for Win8 RC4

Hey guys, made a new all in one installer for the latest version, I have tested it a fair amount but as always, make a backup or system restore before making any changes to your OS, the installer comes with a complete uninstaller as well, all registries keys are adding during installation and also removed when uninstalled, including color swatches, the installer can be used on x86 and x64 systems and all features are enabled by default, the installer also includes the modified simple version of AGTweaker and it will add a desktop shortcut as well as a context menu shortcut for AGTweaker.

Here are a few screen shots of the installer.

Update 17/07/2013:

Change Log

1. Fixed installer to create correct Registry Value to bypass Theme sinature. (Old value was incorrct and not functioning)

2. Fixed installer to create correct Registry Value to enable Shader target optimization. (Old value was incorrct and not functioning)

3. Fixed uninstall for Custom Color Swatches, now deletes the Control Panel Key for Custom Color Swatches and not just the Swatches values. (Removing just the Swatches Values and not removing the keys left Window Color and Appearance options blank)

4. Removed install option for Public Symbol downloading from MS Servers (Is now enabled by default and can not be disabled)

5. Added new safety option to revert to Default Aero theme during uninstall to prevent the Black Screen bug if you are using Aero Glass to bypass the theme signature.

6. Installer now requires a log off after install instead of just restarting explorer.exe and DWM to ensure the glass effect is rendered correctly and Public symbols are downloaded if needed.

Please unistall the previouis version before updating.

Download the Aero Glass RC4 AIO Installer from Mediafire.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Mr GRiM; July 16th, 2013 at 03:13 PM.

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Sex:
    This is koo but is there a way to stop and remove the pop up ? it's annoying why would anyone want that popping up every 15-30mins is beyond me at least once after installing okay ..for now I'll uninstall

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by kungzila View Post
    This is koo but is there a way to stop and remove the pop up ? it's annoying why would anyone want that popping up every 15-30mins is beyond me at least once after installing okay ..for now I'll uninstall
    Hopefully the final version will be out in a few days and then the message will be removed, this is a test build only and is only meant to be used by people who want to try it and report any problems they may have.

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    325 Thread(s)

Sex:
    the message is annoying but bearable thanks to the work you do to make our fantastic pc
    P.S
    not me no problem from the soft and fabulous thanks

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Aero Glass RC4 AIO Installer

Update 17/07/2013:

Change Log

1. Fixed installer to create correct Registry Value to bypass Theme sinature. (Old value was incorrct and not functioning)

2. Fixed installer to create correct Registry Value to enable Shader target optimization. (Old value was incorrct and not functioning)

3. Fixed uninstall for Custom Color Swatches, now deletes the Control Panel Key for Custom Color Swatches and not just the Swatches values. (Removing just the Swatches Values and not removing the keys left Window Color and Appearance options blank)

4. Removed install option for Public Symbol downloading from MS Servers (Is now enabled by default and can not be disabled)

5. Added new safety option to revert to Default Aero theme during uninstall to prevent the Black Screen bug if you are using Aero Glass to bypass the theme signature.

6. Installer now requires a log off after install instead of just restarting explorer.exe and DWM to ensure the glass effect is rendered correctly and Public symbols are downloaded if needed.

Please unistall the previouis version before updating.

Download the Aero Glass RC4 AIO Installer from Mediafire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Super Work!!!!!! Thank you very much! Please donĀ“t stop with your work
    JK41

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information