Thread: Project OSLB Colyn V2 (Old School Lan Box)

Threaded View

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)

Sex:

Project OSLB Colyn V2 (Old School Lan Box) (Updated: 22-06-13)

Hi Everyone,

While I wait for parts and certain bits & bobs for my current little scratch mod Crimson Server Desk Module and having a few days with a bit of extra time I figured I´d do something else, so, I thought I´d finish a little project from over a year and a half ago that I never finished due to moving on to something different.

That project was OSLB Colyn, the idea behind this casemod was to house my secondary pc, the one I tend to take to local and/or small Lans. For refference this was how the case originally looked like:

and here are some pictures of what more or less it looked like before I put it aside.

At first I thought of just finishing it but having it in my workspace for this long just sitting there... let´s just say time hadn´t been good to it. Furthermore I wasn´t very happy with how some things turned out on it so... decision is to start it from scratch, keeping some features and changing others.

This is the state it was in...

As you can see, not great

So, first step is to sand down the whole thing, get rid of the lacquer and the superficial paint and essentially leave it smooth for a fresh coat of primer, paint and lacker, so after a couple of hours, here it is, all sanded down.

The first change I want to make is fill up the old floppy opening in this case (yes it was a very old case, the owner that donated it mentioned it was a Compaq P4 machine), originally I wanted to add a cylon like light in there but I don´t longer care for that idea. So filler comes out and here goes the first coat.

While that dries up a bit, I aplied primer and after the first coat of silver (yes, I really do like the silver I did originally so I´m keeping that style) to both side panels.

While that dried I aplied the second coat of filler:

And now, it´s time to leave it to dry till tomorrow so I can sand it down then.

That´s it for now, thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Luciel; June 22nd, 2013 at 08:23 PM.

Thread Information