Thread: Taskbar mouseover texture

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:

Taskbar mouseover texture

Hi, is there a way to disable or remove this overlay texture? It's applied in addition to custom ones and I can't find a way to bypass it other than making my texture completely opaque (which I don't want to do).

Super Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    571 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by bonermobile View Post
    Hi, is there a way to disable or remove this overlay texture? It's applied in addition to custom ones and I can't find a way to bypass it other than making my texture completely opaque (which I don't want to do).

Taskbar & SystemTray > Taskband > Basic > Taskband > TaskItemButton Your going to need to remove all of them. So set bgtype:enum to None. on all these taskitem buttons. it will get rid of all of them and you should just have the app icon show up in the tasbar without the BG. Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Unfortunately, that's the file I already editted, I hoped the bgtype would fix my problem but it didn't.

This is my TaskbandButton file (ignore the stripes I was figuring out which was which):

As you can see they're all flat and solid colored minus the 1px borders or my test sector, yet on mouseover taskbar items have a rounded textured overlayed on them, and some slight coloration. Is there a way to change that?

Super Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    571 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by bonermobile View Post
    Unfortunately, that's the file I already editted, I hoped the bgtype would fix my problem but it didn't.

This is my TaskbandButton file (ignore the stripes I was figuring out which was which):

As you can see they're all flat and solid colored minus the 1px borders or my test sector, yet on mouseover taskbar items have a rounded textured overlayed on them, and some slight coloration. Is there a way to change that?
    So your just trying to get rid of these imges so all you have is the app icon in the taskbar. If so then send me your msstyle and I will look at it see what your doing wrong. Or just upload screenshot of this image in WSB . so I can see what your doing. I know if you set the image file to NONE then it will not load the image. But your going to need to do this for all the Taskitem images.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    No, no. I want the buttons to still be colored, depending on whether they're open, active, flashing, etc. Just flatly colored with transparency in some cases. But there's a secondary texture being applied to mouseover items that I can't seem to change.

For example, in my first picture, the CS6 icon should just be a 50% black overlay but instead there's a blue tint to the taskbar button and a round border texture. I can bypass that by making it 100% opacity instead of 50% but I'd rather have the transparency.

Here's a WSB screenshot:

Super Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    571 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Well see how the images are stacked from top to bottom. Thats how they are going to work in order Normal, Hot Pressed, Etc. You need to remeke the images. For each one Same dimensions would be best. Just make the image for what you want. And put BG: Enum back to Image file instead of None

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information