Super Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    337 Thread(s)

Sex:

Virussafe WARNING: Windows 8.1 Update 1

Dear Virtual Customs community,

Today i install on mine Windows 8.1 x64 latest Windows 8.1 Spring Update 1 (cca 880 MB) via Windows Update,
    After it was finally downloaded & installed, computer restart and after that wont start again (holds on black screen).
    After i finally manage to boot him up, finally my desktop appers on my screen, BUT right click PERSONALIZE option don't work anymore,
    complete windows was in high texture mode, startisback+ didn't respond etc. etc. other words all customization application loose their point to be installed.
    I try to re-install everything but after that pc crash. After all that i decide to system restore and now is everything ok.
    Those who didn't update their 8.1 OS with this latest update i recomand don't do it or try it but first make sure you make system restore point!
    This is my case with latest update, hope other windows 8.1 users can share their experience with this latest update,

sincerely yours,

If you like theme's & material's from Artist, give them support by reputation!

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Lamia sure there isn't something in your system that conflicted with the update? cause others have done the update and had no problems. nothing was broken on the custom themes or anything else.

Super Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    337 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nude Dude View Post
    Lamia sure there isn't something in your system that conflicted with the update? cause others have done the update and had no problems. nothing was broken on the custom themes or anything else.
    Hmm then i don't know what can that be, i use all latest updated versions of all customization tools for windows 8.1!

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    280 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I had all kinds of trouble with mine too, including hanging with a black screen on reboot, I tried to do the install both manually and through Windows update and neither worked. It was not untill I did a clean install that everything went ok.

BTW, the Windows 8.1 upgrade from the Windows store already comes with the spring update (update 1) in it.
    Last edited by Dark Knight; April 10th, 2014 at 02:57 PM.

https://darkknight2264.deviantart.com/

I believe in karma which means I can say all the bad things I want to you and just assume that you deserve it.

Super Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    337 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    I had all kinds of trouble with mine too, including hanging with a black screen on reboot, I tried to do the install both manually and through Windows update and neither worked. It was not untill I did a clean install that everything went ok.
    BTW, the Windows 8.1 upgrade from the Windows store already comes with the spring update (update 1) in it.
    Maybe if i delete all customization tools and put everything into default and try to update maybe it will be great move to do!

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    175 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post

You mean from MSDN.

Im don't facing any problem in same process except the aero glass error.

if someone have the free version of aero glass woo can't auto update , I recommend to uninstall aero glass before update windows 8.1 to update 1 from windows update.

Here is an ready version of aero glass for windows 8.1 update 1 with symbols included , if needed for someone.

https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/69583153/file.html
    Last edited by devvv128; April 10th, 2014 at 03:26 PM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information