Thread: Changing Hud Machine Blue Theme Icons Back To Default Windows Icons?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:

Changing Hud Machine Blue Theme Icons Back To Default Windows Icons?

I bought the Hud Machine Blue theme for Windows 7 and installed it and its extras.

It looks great and works great there is just one change I would really like to know how to make.

I am used to the default windows notepad icons and not the black and blue striped ones installing this theme changed them to.

Is there a way to change only the .txt and Notepad file icons back to windows default ones? I would like the original white and blue notepad icon back instead of the black icon with blue lines on it.

I really like the icons it already has for the rest, I just want to change the .txt files icons back to what they originally were.

Super Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    571 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdream787 View Post
    I bought the Hud Machine Blue theme for Windows 7 and installed it and its extras.

It looks great and works great there is just one change I would really like to know how to make.

I am used to the default windows notepad icons and not the black and blue striped ones installing this theme changed them to.

Is there a way to change only the .txt and Notepad file icons back to windows default ones? I would like the original white and blue notepad icon back instead of the black icon with blue lines on it.

I really like the icons it already has for the rest, I just want to change the .txt files icons back to what they originally were.

You need to manually install the default icon back into the imageres.dll file in C:\windows\system32\imageres.dll you will need restorator to do this and the default icon. You simply need to open the imageres.dll with restorator and drag the icon you want into this location show below in the image. then save. Logoff and back on. if you for some reason still dont see the icon then you need to open 7tsp.GUI and clear icon cache. This should do it.

Thread Information