Thread: Appreciate some advice

VC Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    39 Thread(s)

Sex:

Appreciate some advice

Okay, my wife uses Windows Vista SP2, she will not switch to Windows 7 Ult. or 8.1 for some reason, not sure as to why. But she sees my Themes on my Windows 7 System, and desperately wants to use something like it on her Vista SP2. Is there anyway or anything that we can use so she can just change a theme like I can on mine, I use the stuff from you guys to change my themes with a simple click of a button, she would like the same if it possible.. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Pro Designer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    123 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I assume any theme from here would have to be ported back to Vista and the theme creator may not wish to do it, you may have better luck with Windowsblinds but this is a paid product but highly customizable

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Zandur i would really push her hard to switch to 7. there really isn't as much difference between vista and 7. if it's about hardware that should not be a problem, cause 7 is more compatible with older hardware than vista is. i've just recently weened a house hold that had 4 vista machines off of it and onto 7 and they can't be happier.

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    280 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Originalganjaman View Post
    I assume any theme from here would have to be ported back to Vista and the theme creator may not wish to do it, you may have better luck with Windowsblinds but this is a paid product but highly customizable
    I would not suggest Window Blinds, Windows Vista is already slow enough and Window Blinds would just suck the life out of Vista. My suggestion to you is that you either :
    a.) Contact the designer(s) of the theme she likes and see if they would port it over for you.
    b.) Purchase yourself a copy of Windows Style Builder which was originally made for Vista (it's original name was Vista Style Builder) and learn how to do it yourself. You can get Windows Style Builder here : https://www.vistastylebuilder.com/ , it costs about $22 (U.S.) with free lifetime updates, it's a little more expensive than Window Blinds but in the end you will achieve how to build custom themes yourself and if you get stuck there is tons of help here and you will avoid the headaches of a Stardock product sucking the life from your system, plus IMO Window Blind themes are not very appealing.

Even if you get her to switch to Windows 7, I still would not suggest Window Blinds, I would not suggest any Stardock product to anyone running anything, their software is well known and documented bloatware, if it doesn't do it right away it will eventually suck the ever living life out of your system.
    Last edited by Dark Knight; April 29th, 2014 at 03:30 PM.

https://darkknight2264.deviantart.com/

I believe in karma which means I can say all the bad things I want to you and just assume that you deserve it.

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    i'm with Dark Knight on this.

Thread Information