Thread: Can anyone help me with this weird issue? Explorer refuses to show folder backgrounds

Hybrid View

Dr. Qua

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    53 Thread(s)

Sex:

Question Can anyone help me with this weird issue? Explorer refuses to show folder backgrounds

Hi, so I'm hoping someone out there can possibly help me, because this is driving me absolutely crazy. I have NO idea when or why it happened, but I've used software (the same I ALWAYS use & have used with no problems before) to change my folder backgrounds, and it's always worked for me just fine, but several months ago at some point, for no reason I'm aware of, the backgrounds stopped displaying. I haven't had time to troubleshoot this until now, but when I try to google this issue, I don't come up with much at all, especially because it thinks internet explorer is somehow relevant to the query.
    What's very very odd, is I was going through the folder options & turned off the "show compressed & encrypted NTFS files/folders in color", suddenly they came back....but it lasted only about 20 minutes, before randomly & mysteriously vanishing again. I use Windows 7, have theme files patched, all the .ini folder files are still there & I'm using a custom theme, though this never was a problem before. I also use ESET NOD32, if that is helpful information at all. 64 bit system. I would be so grateful to anyone who can help me with this!

Super Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    337 Thread(s)

Sex:
    In this cases when you affect your pc and there is no way back to fix it i usually run cmd as administrator and type: sfc /scannow . it will scan and repair any system damaged files from 3rd party software, after its done with scan restart your pc. Keep in mind if you do this you will have to patch again your system to use again custom themes, in some cases re-install some software that was using some system files to work, hope this helps to fix your problem!
    If you like theme's & material's from Artist, give them support by reputation!

Dr. Qua

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    53 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    In this cases when you affect your pc and there is no way back to fix it i usually run cmd as administrator and type: sfc /scannow . it will scan and repair any system damaged files from 3rd party software, after its done with scan restart your pc. Keep in mind if you do this you will have to patch again your system to use again custom themes, in some cases re-install some software that was using some system files to work, hope this helps to fix your problem!
    I usually don't post in a forum asking for help unless I've exhausted all other methods. Unfortunately I did a system file check forever ago & have tried a couple times since then with no results in fixing this particular issue. It's a really weird problem. What's even stranger is that sometimes, out of nowhere, the background for a folder appears & stays for a few minutes, only to disappear again. I usually only have that happen once a month or every few months. I'm really at a loss as to what might be causing it. I've tried everything I could think of.

Thread Information