Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
In this cases when you affect your pc and there is no way back to fix it i usually run cmd as administrator and type: sfc /scannow . it will scan and repair any system damaged files from 3rd party software, after its done with scan restart your pc. Keep in mind if you do this you will have to patch again your system to use again custom themes, in some cases re-install some software that was using some system files to work, hope this helps to fix your problem!
I usually don't post in a forum asking for help unless I've exhausted all other methods. Unfortunately I did a system file check forever ago & have tried a couple times since then with no results in fixing this particular issue. It's a really weird problem. What's even stranger is that sometimes, out of nowhere, the background for a folder appears & stays for a few minutes, only to disappear again. I usually only have that happen once a month or every few months. I'm really at a loss as to what might be causing it. I've tried everything I could think of.