Thread: Problem with 'Armoured' Theme for Windows 8.1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)

Sex:

Problem with 'Armoured' Theme for Windows 8.1

Hello, I'm having a slight problem with the Armoured theme for Windows 8.1. Simply said, the rocket dock icons don't seem to work, and the program icons didnt apply completely(Not sure if the icons from the HUD Evolution theme interfered or so on). Here is a screenshot of the problem. Any ideas on why this happened and how to fix it?

'The world is but a canvas to our imagination" - Henry David Thoreau

Super Moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    337 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwater409 View Post
    Hello, I'm having a slight problem with the Armoured theme for Windows 8.1. Simply said, the rocket dock icons don't seem to work, and the program icons didnt apply completely(Not sure if the icons from the HUD Evolution theme interfered or so on). Here is a screenshot of the problem. Any ideas on why this happened and how to fix it?
    First you don't have problem with Armoured theme, this is problem with your icons in Rocketdock application, complete diferent story mate!
    Second, that rocketdock skin that i see on your screenshot is braking appart in your end cause you make it way bigger then designer make it for using (thats why you have breaked line in center of it, make it smaller).
    To add icons my suggestion is go to your rocketdock / icons installation folder and add icons manually there, but remember don't add IconName.ico file type, they need to be png file type for example IconName.png so they can be displayed in that window where icons usually are! After this you should be good to go!
    If you like theme's & material's from Artist, give them support by reputation!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)

Sex:
    wow, never noticed it was breaking rofl.. thanks for that, fixed the size issue . as for the icons, they are all already png types and they still won't work.. not sure what's going on there. Do you think I might have to reinstall it to try to fix that? Either way, I'm currently improvising by using the select few that do work. You can see those in my post in Show Your Desktop III i believe the thread is called. I think the thread was posted by Mr GRiM. I'll edit a link into this post if I find it properly, . Also as shown in the screenshot on this page, the system icons also didn't apply to everything. and i couldn't get any of the icons to show up when i went to apply them, despite seeing them in the .dll file when i opened it on it's own. Not sure what happened there tbh.

Okay, here's the link I mentioned. It leads to the page of which my post on the Post Your Desktop III thread is located on.

https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread...t=Show+Desktop
    Last edited by Nimbi; September 2nd, 2014 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Added the link I promised.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Okay, I figured out why they won't work. Apparently they didn't download properly. Each of the images that don't work only downloaded the file extensions for them but not the actual images. Apparently they are each empty. I noticed this while going into the file and moving them back so as to put each one in manually. For some reason each of the image files are empty. Not sure what's causing that tbh. At the very least there are a few images that work. But most of them are empty for some odd reason.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Okay, I fixed it. I had to uninstall the whole thing removing everything and then reinstall it. It's all working fine now.

Thread Information