Threaded View

Skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)

Sex:

New Laptop At Last

As anyone knows the drama I've been through trying to get a new laptop. Anyway the PC store had to contact their supplier in another state for a THIRD replacement laptop because they have no more stock, which would take up too two weeks ...

Right now I'm on the misses MacBook Pro and she wants its back as its her work laptop that I've been using since this whole drama started.

So I bit the bullet today and went out and got me the ASUS ROG G750 Gaming Laptop

As I type this I've got it doing Windows updates, so I haven't even got to play with it as yet. Can't wait to see how it is in action. Yes I know there are new models just being released - partly the reason I got it. Scored me a really really good deal. Plus the fact that I had purchased TWO faulty laptops previously, they really wanted to look after me. So once the guy came back from seeing the owner of the place with the price, I just couldn't resist such a bargain.

Misses gets home in around half an hour. I have good news and bed news for her ...

The good news is her MacBook is her's again.
    The bad news is I've just spent a lot of money.

If you don't hear from me for a while ...

Yay I survived! The misses isn't going to kill me
    She must REALLY love that MacBook for her not to chuck a spaz over the money I just spent.

As for this laptop? What can I say, from the chicklet keyboard keys, to the massive realestate this screen gives, so far I'm completely stoked with it. Big plus just has to be the touchpad. I frigggin hate touchpads, never liked them at all. First thing I do when using a laptop is look for a mouse to plug in. The touchpad on this is near damn perfect, and I can't believe I'm saying that, but it is.
    Besides its generous size, its got great feel and excellent responce, but the sweet spot is the left click / right click buttons at the front of the pad. These just work, they feel great too, giving off a somewhat spongy, rubbery kind of feel about them, and the actualy click is soft like, yet you can gently feel the click under your fingers. I dont know how they did it, but this is the first touchpad I've ever liked, and that's saying something.

No news on games, or anything really. I'm waiting on a return email from Macrium Support asking them if they can reset my license yet again. This is the third laptop in as many weeks and I've already asked them to reset it before. I hope they don't think I'm some kind of scam artist. I'm not doing anything but a bit of web browsing and forum posting until I get this thing backed up with a nice clean image and a UBS/DVD boot drive.

Its only been a few hours but I've grown quite attached to this laptop already

Once I get a nice clean image, test out the bootable drive works, then I'll go about installing all my stuff and see what this puppy can really do.

Oh and I've just been informed THIS is my Christmas present - I can live with that
    Last edited by idle; October 10th, 2014 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Updated

Thread Information