Blade for Windows 8.1+

Blade 8.1+

The following applications are needed:

- UltraUXThemePatcher 2.5.4 or UXStyle 0.2.3.0,
    - OldNewExplorer 1.1.0,
    - StartIsBack+ 1.7.5,
    - Black Glass Enhanced 0.5,
    - AeroGlass 1.3.1!

TUTORIAL - HOW TO INSTALL & SETUP YOUR CUSTOMIZATION APPLICATIONS ON WINDOWS 8.1+ OS

Enjoy!

Attached Files
    Last edited by Mr GRiM; March 24th, 2015 at 11:47 AM.

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

Elite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imprezzion View Post
    How can I prevent the theme from messing with my Office colors. My page background and such is now also grey / black and such..
    Short answer: There's no way to hand-pick which installed programs (or browsers) will be affected or not with a theme. Many of the images and colors are global; it's just something that can't be avoided without messing up the colors of the theme itself. The only solution is to use a light theme...or get used to this one.

Long answer: You could adjust/modify certain fonts, menu colors/images etc. using Windows Style Builder....Searching through the various trees, using posted maps that are available Here and also Here.

But, as I said already, being that many of the colors, images, etc. are global, the theme will not look the same if you modify certain things to make this one program (Office) appear the way you might want it to appear. Some theme-elements, on the other hand, don't affect certain other programs....programs that have their own fonts, menus, colors etc. hard-coded, or embedded within the program itself. But Office obviously is affected by this theme, at least in menu/background color, so if you were to modify the theme it would cause the theme to look different in other places that your modification(s) share with other parts of the theme.
    Last edited by YourNumbr1Fan; June 9th, 2015 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thanks for the answer! I've been looking into this a bit and I managed to fix the most pressing issues with Office, like it changed the background color of the page, but also the text colors for all the ''Automatic'' settings which means if I type a document it will have light blue lettering even when printed and on other systems.

Now, I managed to fix pretty much all of it but it made the background colors for items such as Network Management, Task manager and such appear white as well. Folder backgrounds maintained the theme but anything that's not a folder would get a white background again.

Also, the font colors would bug pretty badly in context menu's and in the taskbar.

So, I guess i'll use a different theme on my school laptop but since I never use Office on my game PC I can at least use the theme on there

Elite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imprezzion View Post
    Thanks for the answer! I've been looking into this a bit and I managed to fix the most pressing issues with Office, like it changed the background color of the page, but also the text colors for all the ''Automatic'' settings which means if I type a document it will have light blue lettering even when printed and on other systems.

Now, I managed to fix pretty much all of it but it made the background colors for items such as Network Management, Task manager and such appear white as well. Folder backgrounds maintained the theme but anything that's not a folder would get a white background again.

Also, the font colors would bug pretty badly in context menu's and in the taskbar.

So, I guess i'll use a different theme on my school laptop but since I never use Office on my game PC I can at least use the theme on there
    You see now, through your experimentation, that modifying theme-elements to suit one scenario often throws off something somewhere else in the theme. That's one reason that some theme-makers either create light themes or use neutral grey colors for menus, etc. Plus, some elements in a theme can't be changed, like the black text, in Windows 7, that is in the system-clock after you click 'Change date and time settings...'. Or the black text you get when clicking the drop-down arrows in your 'breadcrumbs' in Explorer. On a black background, those areas will be un-readable. So often grey menus or colored normal/hot/clicked buttons are used in those locations, even in a darker theme, so the text will be visible. Grim is a Master at knowing where all those tricky locations are in themes, using WSB, and figuring out which color-schemes both look good and make his themes more use-able. Since most of his themes are dark, sometimes sacrifices have to be made (like some programs may have darker menus than some people like, or text of a different color, etc.) in order to pull off a theme that has consistent colors and images.

Best thing for someone who relies on using a program like Office, like for work or something, is, as you've discovered, to use a light(er) theme. Pimpin ain't easy, right?

Last edited by YourNumbr1Fan; June 9th, 2015 at 08:23 PM.

VC Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)

Sex:
    One of my fav themes that I've been using for years would be the original Equinox theme that has the off white color that is a bit easier on the eyes. It'd be cool to see almost a merge between parts of that theme and this one. Like keep the Blade explorer window borders, taskbar, and start menu. Then have Equinox's lighter background colors and potentially font colors too. Sure it wouldn't be as stunningly beautiful as the original theme here but it wouldn't have the issue of effecting Office programs, notepad, etc.

and this is the correct place to buy Windows Style Builder? https://www.vistastylebuilder.com/download.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    J te remercie pour ton excellent travail pour ce thème magnifique je viens de l'installer il est super vraiment bravo Ã* toi respect et merci encore:tout bon:

Translation: I thank you for your excellent work for this magnificent theme I just installed it is super really well done to you respect and thank you again: all good:

Note Ã* l'affiche: veuillez poster en anglais
    Last edited by Dark Knight; July 3rd, 2020 at 10:08 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information