Threaded View

Mascot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sex:

thumbs up Wayward beta v1.9.2

Just thought I'd share one of my favorite games. I don't do much 3D gaming, seeing as my laptop is almost a decade old now, was retrofitted with aluminum 'cooling' gear and an ATI graphics card that's pretty shoddy to begin with (right before AMD bought them out). So I resort to finding some amazing retro-inspired games.

If you like Terraria, Minecraft, or TRUE survival games like Stranded 2... dunno if you've ever heard of it, but anyhow heh. This game is pretty neat! It's a bit technical, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy to see how amazing this game is. You start out like any typical survival game does. Your ship wandered into a storm and you got washed ashore with a few items to help you survive on a desolate tropical island. Maps are randomly generated and you need to build a house as soon as possible in order to survive.

The first few times I played I died pretty fast, but unlike other games, your experience and crafting knowledge get transferred to your next game! You also have the option to play directly from your browser or download it and play offline whenever you want (no multiplayer capability though).

A word of advice, take a peek in the game folder and BACK UP YOUR SAVE GAME! I can't stress this enough. With it being a rogue-like, as soon as you start making serious progress, build suitable housing and start gathering lots of items, it really comes in handy to have a backup!! I mean... really comes in handy. You'll see haha!

And now... for our feature presentation.

Queue the 8-bit music!

Wayward v1.9.2
    https://www.unlok.ca/

Wayward is completely portable too!
    Last edited by Terrapin2190; April 4th, 2015 at 10:34 AM.

Thread Information