Thread: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation Copy Build 10130

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)

Sex:

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation Copy Build 10130

Well, I switched over to Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation Copy Build 10130 upon finding out members of the Windows Insider Program will get free Windows 10 upgrade from it upon release. So far I'm definitely enjoying it. I do have one wierd issue though. I've noticed the start menu button doesn't seem to work properly. Basically when I click on it, the start menu simply refuses to open. Right click option still works fine but the start menu itself just doesn't open, . Even the Windows button on my keyboard doesn't open it, . As well as a slight glitch with the new search bar of which supposedly has Cortana built into it. That one simply closes out while you're typing. Those are basically the only issues i'm having with it. Anyone else having these issues? And if so, does anyone know what to do to get the start menu to actually open? I'm not worried about the glitch in the new search thing but the start menu is a necessity for me, .

'The world is but a canvas to our imagination" - Henry David Thoreau

Elite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I am SOOO staying away from 10 until maybe some months after it's released final! Since we have a year, starting July 29, to upgrade legit copies of 7 and 8/8.1, I think waiting until say maybe December will be prudent for those of us who don't want to deal with the worst of the bugs which will surely still be in the final release. I tried 10135 a while back, just for a few hours, and didn't want anything to do with the betas anymore. I'm a member of the Insider team, too, but decided to just let the other thousands of Insiders help MS. I don't have the patience or the time.

....And when I do make the switch, I can assure you that Cortana WON'T be my 'personal assistant', hell no. I'll disable 'her' pronto....and whatever other NSA/CIA/FBI/Corporate spyware I can disable.
    Last edited by YourNumbr1Fan; June 22nd, 2015 at 01:58 AM.

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    280 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by YourNumbr1Fan View Post
    I am SOOO staying away from 10 until maybe some months after it's released final! Since we have a year, starting July 29, to upgrade legit copies of 7 and 8/8.1, I think waiting until say maybe December will be prudent for those of us who don't want to deal with the worst of the bugs which will surely still be in the final release. I tried 10135 a while back, just for a few hours, and didn't want anything to do with the betas anymore. I'm a member of the Insider team, too, but decided to just let the other thousands of Insiders help MS. I don't have the patience or the time.

....And when I do make the switch, I can assure you that Cortana WON'T be my 'personal assistant', hell no. I'll disable 'her' pronto....and whatever other NSA/CIA/FBI/Corporate spyware I can disable.
    If you download and play with it in a VM you would be surprised at how little bugs there actually are. I am running build 10130 insider preview in a VM and have not ran into any major issues ( not any that aren't being addressed at the moment anyway ).

I am actually thinking of partitioning my drive and dual booting it now.

FYI ..... There are far worse NSA/CIA/FBI/Corporate spyware out there then Cortana my friend, if they really wanted anything on you they probably already have gotten it long ago. Take the aluminum foil hat off for a while and step outside for a few breaths.
    Last edited by Dark Knight; June 22nd, 2015 at 02:53 PM.

https://darkknight2264.deviantart.com/

I believe in karma which means I can say all the bad things I want to you and just assume that you deserve it.

War is my shephard!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    332 Thread(s)

I'l be jumping onto it soon as its released fully.....DX12

Elite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    If you download and play with it in a VM you would be surprised at how little bugs there actually are. I am running build 10130 insider preview in a VM and have not ran into any major issues ( not any that aren't being addressed at the moment anyway ).

I am actually thinking of partitioning my drive and dual booting it now.

FYI ..... There are far worse NSA/CIA/FBI/Corporate spyware out there then Cortana my friend, if they really wanted anything on you they probably already have gotten it long ago. Take the aluminum foil hat off for a while and step outside for a few breaths.

Aluminum foil, I like that. Never tire of that one.....But I ain't mad. I know that it's difficult to accept the uncomfortable, easier to just go along with the hive.

FYI, I don't need to be told that there are other ways that the powers-that-be have to snoop on us. I'm pretty tech-savvy, very much so actually. In fact, Virtual Customs isn't my only online hangout. I'm a long-time member of some very solid anti-snooping and political organizations. I strive to keep my online activities and files on my computer as private as possible.....Not because I'm doing anything wrong, or have some bad things to hide, but for the same reason that I don't want to leave my curtains open and doors unlocked. The desire for privacy isn't something to be ashamed of, my complacent friend. You don't have to be a aluminum hat person to know that many things in the world of technology are just not as benevolent as are advertized. You just might find that out the hard way one day. Like I said, I've ran 10...a few times. Last time was build 10135, the one that comes after the one you're running. No matter what you say, I know better; it's chock-full of spyware. I'm savvy enough to adjust/disable much of it, but I'm under no delusions about the risks. Computers and other tech can be fun-and-games to an extent.....but SERIOUS BUSINESS beyond that, much more so than you seem to realize. Laughing and calling people who warn others about it 'aluminum hat' people is about as intelligent as calling a lifeguard an aluminum hat person because he tells you there are sharks nearby in the water you're splashing about in. I'm not trying to offend you or talk down to you, bro. But THINK before you dismiss someone as a conspiracy-theorist nutball. What were theories a few years ago that people laughed about are hard-core factual reality today, and each day more evil crap is coming out into the open. Calling someone a tinfoil hat person is code for "nothing to see here, move along"....which is total b.s.

Attachment 70378

The sheeple chant: "GIVE ME CONVENIENCE OR GIVE ME DEATH! GIVE ME CONVENIENCE OR GIVE ME DEATH! GIVE ME CONVENIENCE OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!"

Attachment 70376
    Last edited by YourNumbr1Fan; June 23rd, 2015 at 03:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    167 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I'm not going to be using Windows 10, but I've been keeping tabs on it. See if Sergey at Winaero's article fixes the start menu bug you're experiencing in Windows 10 build 10130: https://winaero.com/blog/fix-start-me...0-build-10130/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information