Hybrid View

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    280 Thread(s)

Sex:

Windows 10 - cannot install .deskthemepacks

I seen a couple of cool .deskthemepacks on the MS site and downloaded them, went to install by double clicking them and nothing happened?

Does anyone know why this would be happening? I know the file association is correct because .deskthemepacks are supposed to open with Personalization.CPL and that's what is says in the file properties.

Anyone with any ideas?

https://darkknight2264.deviantart.com/

I believe in karma which means I can say all the bad things I want to you and just assume that you deserve it.

Skilled

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    123 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Not sure if this was solved or if your still trying but if you haven't tried to "unblock" it when you right click and check properties yet you may try that and see. Pretty much anything I've downloaded I've had to unblock before it would install/run properly. Good luck

AMD 5800X, ASRock X570 Taichi, 32Gb (2x16) G.Skill TridentZ NEO 3600@3800, MSI Gaming X RTX3060, Kraken Z73, Corsair 750D, SeaSonic Platinum 860W, ADATA SX82001Tb M.2 , Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb M.2

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    280 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Mmmm, no didn't work.

Actually I am thinking it has something to do with the ThemeSignatureBypass by Big Muscle that I use and the registry changes it makes, only because I don't trust the UxStyler that is out for Windows 10. No big deal though, I'll try installing deskthemepacks the next fresh install that I do to see if that is the problem.

I believe in karma which means I can say all the bad things I want to you and just assume that you deserve it.

Skilled

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    123 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Sounds good, be sure to post back if you figure it out.

AMD 5800X, ASRock X570 Taichi, 32Gb (2x16) G.Skill TridentZ NEO 3600@3800, MSI Gaming X RTX3060, Kraken Z73, Corsair 750D, SeaSonic Platinum 860W, ADATA SX82001Tb M.2 , Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb M.2

VC Ambassador

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    280 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy350 View Post
    Sounds good, be sure to post back if you figure it out.
    Just an FYI, it is the ThemeSignatureBypass that prevents the installation of .deskthemepacks.

I found this out during the Anniversary update, after performing a clean install before I installed TSB I was able to install .deskthemepacks without a problem, after installing TSB I was no longer able to install .deskthemepacks, after uninstalling TSB everything was okey-dokey again.

So I guess for those who have not tried yet and for future reference, if you have the ThemeSignatureBypass installed and want to install .deskthemepacks, you're going to have to uninstall the ThemeSignatureBypass first, install the .deskthemepack then reinstall the ThemeSignatureBypass.

I am going to notify Big Muscle of this at MSFN maybe there is something that can be done about it but I think I will wait until after he releases a stable version of AeroGlass first for the Anniversary update.

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Just an FYI, it is the ThemeSignatureBypass that prevents the installation of .deskthemepacks.

I found this out during the Anniversary update, after performing a clean install before I installed TSB I was able to install .deskthemepacks without a problem, after installing TSB I was no longer able to install .deskthemepacks, after uninstalling TSB everything was okey-dokey again.

So I guess for those who have not tried yet and for future reference, if you have the ThemeSignatureBypass installed and want to install .deskthemepacks, you're going to have to uninstall the ThemeSignatureBypass first, install the .deskthemepack then reinstall the ThemeSignatureBypass.

I am going to notify Big Muscle of this at MSFN maybe there is something that can be done about it but I think I will wait until after he releases a stable version of AeroGlass first for the Anniversary update.
    Where did you download them from, I just got a .themepack from here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13768 and it installed on it's own when I downloaded it, I then tried to delete it and grabbed the pack from the temp directory and I couldn't install it, I was able to create a deskthemepack though and same result, the alternative to uninstalling Theme Signature Bypass is to use 7zip and unpack the archive and then manually put it in %userprofile%\appdata\local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information