Thread: Mozilla to Remove Themes from Firefox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    167 Thread(s)

Sex:

Mozilla to Remove Themes from Firefox

Mozilla to Remove Themes from Firefox

Just saw this on the Pale Moon forum. To quote the Pale Moon creator/owner Moonchild:

Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post
    As was pointed out to me on IRC it's now confirmed in bug #1222546: Mozilla's decision has been made to remove support for Themes from Firefox (and potentially derivative products as a result).

Benjamin Smedberg wrote: "As part of Firefox great-or-dead, we've decided to stop support for "heavyweight" themes which can do arbitrary styling and replace chrome packages."

You like your Noia, FT DeepDark and similar themes for your browser? Sorry if you're using Firefox (and direct clones) -- once this lands, support for what Mozila calls "heavyweight themes" will be gone. You'll have the Mozilla way (maybe with custom toolbar backgrounds AKA personas AKA lightweight themes) or the highway to choose from.

And in case of the inevitable questions from people who still don't understand what Pale Moon is and is not: No, this will not in any way impact Pale Moon. We pride ourselves on having a nice and growing collection of complete themes.
    Date Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015
    Original Thread Link: https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=10093

Visit the official website for "Complete" themes that have been ported to Pale Moon: Pale Moon Complete Themes

The Sci-Fighter

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    434 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Man this is sad if they go through with it. I have been using Firefox ( well Cyberfox now for the last few years after I busted Toady's butt to make me an x64 kickass browser that would rock ) since version 1.0 cause I hated IE way back when.

This was the best part of firefox for me was the ability to theme it ( I just started using stylish not long ago on Toady's suggestion as well and have everything dark google, youtube D.A and tons of others ) it's just become the perfect browser for me ( Cyberfox that is ) plus I love the FT Deep Dark theme I could not go back to the all white crap the way it used to be .

If this does really happen I will have to get on Toady's butt and get him to make some kind of workaround for Cyberfox to keep it dark and beautiful

How can I go from something as sexy as above to the plain crap like the new Win 10 I can't do it
    Attached Images   

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    of course they are. just like chrome, windows 10 generic, blindingly white, and F**KEN ugly

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    razor same with all the dark for cg and various sites. i let the windows theme do the browser though.

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:
    This is very sad news, I have used FT Deep dark for years and could not use Firefox without it, looks like I will have to disable updates from now on.

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

The Sci-Fighter

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    434 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nude Dude View Post
    razor same with all the dark for cg and various sites. i let the windows theme do the browser though.

Ya bud I know there is so many sites that stylish can do it's quite funny how I like everything dark and yet had not used the addon till about a month ago when Toady sent me screens of dark google and youtube and others with a message of " you know you want it" so i started with it. I am just about finished a couple of new icon packs and a new theme so I have only dabbled just a bit in stylish like Dark Google and Youtube, D.A and a few others as soon as I finished up these few things I was going to dive right in with stylish so I am pretty pissed at the news

Quote Originally Posted by Mr GRiM View Post
    This is very sad news, I have used FT Deep dark for years and could not use Firefox without it, looks like I will have to disable updates from now on.
    That's almost the way I look at it to Grim if I have to go that far I won't ever use IE again or Edge now whatever it is Chrome is also out for me as well never really used opera might have to give that a whirl I also know there are a few other browsers out there that are lesser known might be able to test or try out, it just confuses me with all that mozilla is doing the new ui really never bothered me much I had no issue adapting to that but why get rid of the stuff that separates your browser apart from all the others. Like MS why is everyone trying to make all our sh*t look the same don't they understand people are all different and we all like different things. In fact they don't even do much when it comes to the UI's it's all us users doing all the work for customization so why remove the code already there we are the one's doing all the work for it not them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information