Hello,

Sorry for not being on in so long, my computer finally quit on me for good so I've been out of a computer. I had to log on via grandma's computer to post this. Either way, I have a question about 32-bit based systems and 64-bit based systems.

Basically I'm wondering what the difference is between 32-bit systems and 64-bit systems. I'm asking because I found a refurbished pc with 1TB HDD and very good graphics for only $140 USD but it's a 32-bit system and I've only ever had 64-bit systems.

It is a refurbished Dell GX740 Desktop PC with AMD Athlon X2 Processor, 4GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive and Windows 7 Professional but it is only a 32-bit based system. So, I was wondering if that is actually a good buy, or if I would be better off going for a 64-bit based system. This one doesn't include a monitor, which for me isn't an issue since I use my HDTV as a monitor anyway. But if it is a good deal than it will be a much cheaper buy than any of the 500GB HDD laptops available via the Black Friday deals (those range from $199 - $299 USD).

Here are the specs for it (Copied and pasted from source):

Refurbished Dell GX740 Desktop PC:

Key Features and Benefits:

• AMD Athlon X2 processor
    2.30GHz, 1MB L2 Cache
  • 4GB DDR2 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 8GB)
    Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work
  • 1TB SATA hard drive
    Store 666,000 photos, 285,000 songs or 526 hours of HD video and more
  • DVD-RW
    Watch movies, and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats
  • 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet
    Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet
  • NVIDIA Quadro NVS 210S Graphics

Additional Features:

• 8 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x serial communication port, 1 x parallel port, 1 x audio out jack, 1 x line in jack, 1 x microphone jack, 1 x VGA port
  • 2 x low profile PCI slots, 1 x PCI Express slot, 2 x external 5.25" bays, 3 x internal 3.5" bays

Software:

• Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit Edition
  • Backup and Restore options built into Windows allow you to create safety copies of your most important personal files, so you're always prepared for the worst

Support and Warranty:

• Refurbished items have a 1-year parts and labor limited warranty
  • Recovery partition on Hard Drive

What's in the Box:

• Power cord
  • USB keyboard
  • USB mouse
  • Quick Start Guide

Please let me know as soon as possible, because I'm needing one with at least 1TB HDD anyway compared to one with 500GB HDD. (Also, I may or may not upgrade it to Windows 10 if it proves to be decent enough for Windows 10 (I've had a lot of problems with Windows 10 so there is the possibility that I might even stick to Windows 7 anyway should I get this computer).