Thread: Porting themes to Win10 tutorial TH2 AKA 1511 AKA 10586

Elite

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    533 Thread(s)

Sex:

Porting themes to Win10 tutorial TH2 AKA 1511 AKA 10586

Was wondering if someone could make a tut of the process of porting themes. Like obviously the taskbar and menu are messed up and the control panel. Would be awesome if someone had the time to make one. Thanks for reading

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:
    I made my own custom import scripts and style scripts to make the job allot easier, you will need a Windows 7 theme if you want to import to Windows 10, importing a Windows 8 theme will not work but it can be used to make style hacks.

I have attached 2 versions of my Windows Style Builder for this method, 10 v1 and 10 v2, note I have not included the WSB exe files,just copy them from your installed WSB folder.

Using Windows Style Builder 10 v1 import the Windows 7 theme, save it then reopen it and test it to make sure it imported correctly.

At this point you would normally have to fix a whole bunch of stuff, my custom import scripts fix 99% of the problems importing.

Now using Windows Style Builder 10 v2 import a Window 8 theme without saving, then start exporting all parts of the Windows 8 theme aside from the DWM parts, including the DMW parts in the Windows 10 (For testing purpose only), DWM parts cannot be made into style hacks, then export all marked properties to a style hack.

Now on the imported Windows 7 theme apply the style hack and then test the theme to make sure there are no errors.

Unfortunately there is a bug in WSB when creating style hacks, it will only export the first 2 states of a part, 0 and 1 so if you need to copy other states then this will have to be done manually.

Once you have done that you can manually change and fix any of the DWM parts and your done.

When creating style hacks you can also right click on individual properties and include them in your style hack, this can be useful when trying to make a stylehack for states other then 0 and 1, or if you only want certain properties from a state or part.

I have also included a few extra style scripts that can be useful for importing themes to Windows 10, some of these were made before I made a proper import script so they are no longer needed.

It's always a good idea to create a restore point or test on a VM when importing themes in the case that something goes wrong.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mr GRiM; December 26th, 2015 at 08:59 AM.

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

Elite

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    533 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Ok i see. Ill test this out when i have the time. Can you make style hacks from themes already ported to 10? Thanks Grim

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by freak69ize View Post
    Ok i see. Ill test this out when i have the time. Can you make style hacks from themes already ported to 10? Thanks Grim
    Yeah that's no problem.

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.

Elite

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    533 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr GRiM View Post
    Yeah that's no problem.
    1.5.6.3 is the latest beta isnt it? Thats the most recent one i can find on the forum

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by freak69ize View Post
    1.5.6.3 is the latest beta isnt it? Thats the most recent one i can find on the forum
    Yeah that's the latest, there hasn't been an update for a long while.

Thread Information