Threaded View

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:

SSD vs SSHD Really?

Just recently purchased a 2TB SSHD for internal storage to put my games on as my old 1TB HDD was getting pretty full, I thought a SSHD would be a good boost in performance and it is better but not nearly as much as I thought it would be.

I did some benchmarks of all 3 drives and there are some interesting results, one thing I really don't understand is the benchmark results for the 1TB Samsung Evo SSD, bare in mind this is set to maximum reliability not performance, does anyone else think these results look way to good?

I honestly thought having a SSHD was meant to be the best of both worlds but in reality the performance increase from the SSHD is barely noticeable, compared to the 1TB Evo that seems insanely fast, cold boot time is only about 5 seconds to the logon screen and that's with fast boot disabled, compare that to the SSHD that takes about a minute to get to the logon screen.

To be fair the OS I have on the SSHD is Windows 7 and the OS I have on the SSD is Windows 8.1 but still, before I went to the SSD on Windows 8 I used to have to go have a coffee and a smoke because it took so long to boot.

In conclusion, do not purchase an SSHD thinking you going to see any real world performance increase, if you want speed then your better off saving your money and getting the real thing.
    Last edited by Mr GRiM; January 8th, 2016 at 05:07 AM.

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

Thread Information