Thread: Custom Class Maps and Import Scripts for Windows 10 TH2 & RS1

Administrator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    837 Thread(s)

Sex:

Star Custom Class Maps and Import Scripts for Windows 10 TH2 & RS1

OK I would like to share some custom import scripts I have made for importing themes from Windows 7, Windows 8 and from Windows 10 to TH2 and RS1

This is a bit more complicated in some ways but once you get the hang of it it becomes very easy.

First thing to do is select the appropriate Windows Style Builder, there are 3 different folders for TH2 and RS1, each one has a specific import script.

Windows 7 to Windows 10 TH2 (Only for TH2, does not work on RS1).

1. Open the folder called "Windows Style Builder 7-10 TH2"

2. Open the WSB Program.

3. Go to File > Open > Import 7 Theme

4. Open the the Windows 7 Theme you want to import.

5. Save your theme and then reopen it, then save it once more and your done.

Windows 8 to Windows 10 TH2.

1. Open the folder called "Windows Style Builder 8-10 TH2"

2. Open the WSB Program.

4. Open the the Windows 8 Theme you want to import and do not save.

5. Select Import Style Hack and select "10 TH2 Import Fix" (Very important!!, will have white flashing screen if this step is missed)

6. Save your theme and then reopen it, then save it once more and your done.

Windows 10 RTM to Windows 10 TH2

1. Open the folder called "Windows Style Builder 10-10 TH2"

2. Open the WSB Program.

4. Open the the Windows 10 Theme you want to import and do not save.

5. Select Import Style Hack and select "10 TH2 Import Fix" (Very important!!, will have white flashing screen if this step is missed)

For Redstone 1 it's pretty much exactly the same but this time I was not able to import a Windows 7 theme so this explanation will be skipped.

Windows 8 to Windows 10 RS1

1. Open the folder called "Windows Style Builder 8-10 RS1"

2. Open the WSB Program.

4. Open the the Windows 8 Theme you want to import and do not save.

5. Select Import Style Hack and select "10 Import Fix" (Very important!!, will have white flashing screen if this step is missed)

Windows 10 RTM or TH2 to Windows 10 RS1

1. Open the folder called "Windows Style Builder 10-10 RS1"

2. Open the WSB Program.

5. Select Import Style Hack and select "10 Import Fix" (Very important!!, will have white flashing screen if this step is missed)

So that's it, not too hard, of course not everything can be imported to Windows 10 but most of it can be, this will also automatically add back any missing classes that are removed and restore support for the Start menu and Taskbar so it will work with StartIsBack.

Information
    Update March 21st 2016: Fixed a bug with importing Windows 7 themes, Some of the DWM Windows 10 Captions were messed up and not importing in the correct order.

WARNING
    I am not responsible for anyone who bricks their system using these import scripts, always create a restore point, it's always best to experiment on a Virtual Machine before using on your live OS
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mr GRiM; March 21st, 2016 at 12:54 AM.

Please do not PM me to ask for support - please use the relevant thread or forum.
    Please Post in English or at least include English Translations

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    So I followed the instructions and importing my Win7 theme to the latest Win10 failed epically, it was completely corrupt.

On top of that, opening my Win10 theme which I have been modifying with Msstyles and saving it has deleted 200 of the images and can't be opened in msstyles because it is corrupt, so that leaves little confidence for any theme created by WSB to be deployed.

And this I am told is still used by the professionals here to create custom themes? Incredibly hard to believe...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Windows Style Builder 7-10 TH2.7z
    Windows Style Builder TH2 - 19H1 1903.7z
    hi xp if you using w10 and need themes importing you need these 2 wsbs the 7 -10 you import any theme and save then open save again close out next th2 19h1 open go to import find the theme you did and then you must apply the stylehack windows 10 1903 import fix and save theme then close make sure you apply the stylehack yeah msstyles is old anyway try this

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by J4M3SX019 View Post
    Windows Style Builder 7-10 TH2.7z
    Windows Style Builder TH2 - 19H1 1903.7z
    hi xp if you using w10 and need themes importing you need these 2 wsbs the 7 -10 you import any theme and save then open save again close out next th2 19h1 open go to import find the theme you did and then you must apply the stylehack windows 10 1903 import fix and save theme then close make sure you apply the stylehack yeah msstyles is old anyway try this
    I did apply the stylehack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sex:
    hi when you applied the stylehack was all the images still there if not you might have not applied it correctly only msstyles and visual styles are different anyway try this open the 7-10 wsb first import the theme you want make sure its a windows 7 theme then go to save after open theme again and save close out after open the th2 1903 wsb press import and import the theme you did after apply the 1903 stylehack and save theme then close and try applying the theme

VC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex:
    ******* hell I just lost the reply I was typing. This is the number one reason I write my shit on notepad or word and just copy-paste to the browser, sigh.

Anyway, can you use some punctuation so your instructions are less confusing? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by J4M3SX019 View Post
    open the 7-10 wsb first import the theme you want make sure its a windows 7 theme then go to save
    We already have a problem on this first step. Doing this killed 68 images and made the msstyles file corrupt. MsstyleEditor refuses to work with it.

after open theme again and save close out
    This killed 2 more images, the file remains corrupt.

after open the th2 1903 wsb press import and import the theme you did
    You said import rather than open but I assume you don't want me to press the "import Win7 theme" button so I didn't. I pressed Open.

after apply the 1903 stylehack and save theme then close and try applying the theme
    I applied the "10 TH2 import fix" stylehack, the only one on the list, it asked me if I want to import the images which I pressed yes and saved. It added back 2 images, or it could've deleted 500 and added back 502, I don't know. File remains corrupt. I also can't apply the theme yet because I'm using Win10 21H2, not TH2. I'm not using RS1 either but RS1 is more current than TH2 so I assume I must convert to RS1 first.

Now, the instructions for converting 10 TH2 to 10 RS1 say to press "Import Win7 theme" even though it's not a Win7 theme anymore, so this contradicts my assumption to press Open rather than Win7 earlier but I'll never know without you clarifying.

1. Open the folder called "Windows Style Builder 10-10 RS1"

2. Open the WSB Program.

Step 6 killed 22 more images. And after all that:

Code:
    [Window Title]Windows Style Builder

[Main Instruction]
    Error Testing MsStyles File

[Content]
    There was an error applying the Test MsStyles File, this usually signals an error in the MsStyles file.

[Ok]
    What now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sex:
    hi yeah when you use the wsb dont press open you need to press import after you pressed import go to save then open the theme again and press save this is using the the Windows Style Builder 7-10 TH2 this is the first wsb you need to use next you need to use Windows Style Builder TH2 - 19H1 1903. when you open this 1 dont press open go to import and find the theme you just saved after you pressed import you need to go to apply stylehack you need to apply the 1903 stylehack then save the theme after that close out hopefully it should work

Thread Information