Thread: Need help with VMWare Workstation 12 Pro

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)

Sex:

Alert Need help with VMWare Workstation 12 Pro

OK, I managed to get a copy of VMWare Workstation 12 Pro and am trying to figure out how t make a virtual clone of my current os... but this thing is really starting to p*** me off. I cannot for the life of me figure this thing out! Last time I used VMWare it was all too simple, but these idiots changed it so much that I can't get it done. The only method I can find requires something called vConverter or sumat (im too peeved to remember the exact name) but that requires a friggin company name, phone, and friggin contact info! I'm not part of a company and im really getting peeved by this, I've been at this all friggin night. On top of that i tried to get friggin Windows 10 RS1 Insider Preview to activate in it and that would do so either! If someone can please help me get this thing to create a clone of my os and find an actual working oficial activation code for Windows 10 RS1 Home Insider Preview as well i'll be forever grateful, cuz this thing is about to throw me off the edge.

'The world is but a canvas to our imagination" - Henry David Thoreau

Manchester United ♥

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    62 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwater409 View Post
    OK, I managed to get a copy of VMWare Workstation 12 Pro and am trying to figure out how t make a virtual clone of my current os... but this thing is really starting to p*** me off. I cannot for the life of me figure this thing out! Last time I used VMWare it was all too simple, but these idiots changed it so much that I can't get it done. The only method I can find requires something called vConverter or sumat (im too peeved to remember the exact name) but that requires a friggin company name, phone, and friggin contact info! I'm not part of a company and im really getting peeved by this, I've been at this all friggin night. On top of that i tried to get friggin Windows 10 RS1 Insider Preview to activate in it and that would do so either! If someone can please help me get this thing to create a clone of my os and find an actual working oficial activation code for Windows 10 RS1 Home Insider Preview as well i'll be forever grateful, cuz this thing is about to throw me off the edge.

hahaha,I had similar problems...what I did was change to"VirtualBox" (more practicalto use)is only a tip since the last version is a bit complicated to use for my taste

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by angel960 View Post
    hahaha,I had similar problems...what I did was change to"VirtualBox" (more practicalto use)is only a tip since the last version is a bit complicated to use for my taste
    I tried that as well. Couldn't figure out how to clone my physical os to use in it, also it only supports 32 bit os and im on a 64 bit os, my win10 rs1 insider preview iso is also 64 bit. There's claims that it works with 64 bit by choosing 64 bit option but that option is literally non existant in my copy of virtual box and i cant find one that has that option.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Still can't figure out how to create a virtual clone of my os, and VirtualBox isn't accepting .iso format files either, so insider preview can't be run on VirtualBox apparently.

Manchester United ♥

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    62 Thread(s)

Sex:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwater409 View Post
    Still can't figure out how to create a virtual clone of my os, and VirtualBox isn't accepting .iso format files either, so insider preview can't be run on VirtualBox apparently.
    VirtualBox supports 64-bit systems, no errors creating virtual machines 32- and 64-bit but there are errors with 64 bits when it comes to "cloning" especially with Windows 10 (as always)

Banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    451 Thread(s)

Sex:
    not sure how to clone you current install to use as vm but do know the program does support both 32 and 64 bit out of the box. also somewhere on here about a month or two back instruction were posted. sorry can't be of more help.

Thread Information